🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » why accounts in USD are not allowed for EU ci...
Page options
cobweb_
Community Member

why accounts in USD are not allowed for EU citizens

Somethng very strange  .

I am from Europe , my coountry is member of European union .    I am trying to add account in USD but i do not have such option , only in my local currency and in EURO .
But my account is into USD and i do not want to loose tax to when currency is exchanged . 

how i can add bank account in USD  ?  why USD accounts iare allowed for U.S. Banks only

Emil 

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Emil T wrote:

why accounts in USD are not allowed for EU citizens

They are absolutely allowed. You just can't use them to withdraw by "to local bank" because that is ALWAYS in local currency and you'd lose currency exchange charges twice.

To withdraw to your USD account, use Wire Transfer (which costs $30 and is worth it for withdrawals worth $700 or so at a time)

cobweb_
Community Member

event for  $700+  withdraw taxfrom  $30 rate is extremely height, i compare it with $0.99 and 0 to paypal. 

so there are no option to add  account in USD from bank in any  country from  Europe ? 

Hi Emil,

You can find payment methods available in your country by going to your Settings > Get Paid and clicking Add a Payment method. Feel free to check out this help article for more information.

I would like to clarify that if you would like to withdraw your funds to your bank account in US dollars you will need to use the Wire Transfer payment method.

~ Nikola
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Emil T wrote:

event for  $700+  withdraw taxfrom  $30 rate is extremely height, i compare it with $0.99 and 0 to paypal.

It works out cheaper than using the poor exchange rate on "diect to local bank". And withdrawing to Paypal is $2, not 0.

Emil T wrote:

so there are no option to add  account in USD from bank in any  country from  Europe ?  

Not as "direct to local bank", because that is always in local currency, so you would lose money TWICE. Once to change the Dollars into Euro and then to change the Euro back into Dollars.

Emil T wrote:

You can try with Wise, you transfer dollars and the change from $ to € is better than Paypal.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members