🐈 Community
» Forums » Freelancers » why clients do not even view my profile??
Page options
junaidiqbal83
Community Member

why clients do not even view my profile??

Hello everyone

I have 94 % job success score. When ever i apply for a job i get frustrated because sometime client hire someone with more experienc and sometime with less experience but they donot even view my profile. I apply with reasonable rates and attach good portfolio with application. I donot know reason of that. Can anyone explain what is happening  with me

4 REPLIES 4
melaniekhenson
Community Member

Are you able to make your profile Public so we can take a peek at it?

If it's top-notch, it's possible this is just a lull. I totally get that...if this is the case, hang in there and keep submitting the highest-quality, most personalized proposals you can. And all the usual suspects when trying to amp one's jobs list. 🙂

karolay-melendez
Community Member

Hi! I get it, I've been in that position and I think that having in mind the number of freelancers working on the platform, is normal to not receive an answer from every client. One piece of advise that I could give is: Improve your English. You convey ideas properly but I can see some grammar mistakes... Maybe you have those mistakes in your cover letter and clients will always decline someone with spelling errors. 

Second: Be convincing! Convinced the client that you're the best freelancer for that task. Imagine you're selling something. We only have one try with jobs here (because after submitting a proposal, there's no other way to contact the client from your side), so do your best. Do not stay in "I'm good with... this and that".  Tell the client why he/she should hire you over the other freelancers. Make them note what an amazing JSS you have! Let's see what other freelancers advice to you... 

@Carolay M wrote:

Improve your English. You convey ideas properly but I can see some grammar mistakes... Maybe you have those mistakes in your cover letter and clients will always decline someone with spelling errors.

+1 on this.

"BIP" countries have a very bad reputation. You need to stand out from your own people. Having same grammar issues like most of those devs won't help you.

sgoble
Community Member

When ever i apply for a job i get frustrated because sometime client hire someone with more experienc and sometime with less experience but they donot even view my profile.

It's called "good enough" hiring or buying. 

If I am hiring someone, I have the qualifications defined and I stop as soon as I find a person who is qualified to do that job and make them an offer or accept their proposal and get the job started.  I will not spend time looking through the rest of the applicants looking for a "better" one or the "ideal one" because by my hiring standards, the one I found is good enough. 

True, there might be someone in the pile of applications who is a teensy bit better qualified who might do a slightly better job, but if I wrote the job description well and defined the needed qualifications accurately, the chances are slim that spending another couple of hours dithering will improve the outcome.

Latest Articles
Upcoming Events
Feb 13
Feb 28
Upwork Community Virtual Hour
Community Hour English
Mar 28
Upwork Virtual Community Hour
Community Hour English
Learning Paths