🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » why did upwork remove the earnings by client?...
Page options
bookcoverdesign
Community Member

why did upwork remove the earnings by client??? I need previous year earnings for taxes!

Why did upwork remove the earnings by client??? I can't find any other way to see my earnings for the previous year for tax purposes. Anyone have a clue how to do find that info?

9 REPLIES 9
salmanmirza4400
Community Member

Same problem with me

It must be the same problem for all the UpWork freelancers. Eliminating one of the most important reports just makes no sense whatsoever. I'm utterly baffled by this frustrating turn of events. Feels like I just entered into the Twilight Zone.

bookcoverdesign
Community Member

I need to see my total earnings for 2020 for tax purposes. Can't find any such report! Tried "Transaction History" but the date range is limited and won't go back to Jan of 2020. What I really want is the "Earnings by Client" report but UpWork, in it's infinite wisdom, decided that report was too convenient. It was exactly what we all need. Why they eliminated one of the most useful (and MOST IMPORTANT) reports, only the Shadow knows. So now that we don't have the "Earnings by Client" report, what is the alternative? Help! Anyone???

JoanneP

Hi Gary Val and Salman,

You can check your earnings by clients by going to Reports> Billings & EarningsOn that page, the report will display your current year’s earnings by default.  You are able to view up to the past three years worth of earnings history. For earnings older than three years, we suggest using the Transaction History report. Here's the help article for more information. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

That would be nice, Joanne, but the calendar range function doesn't work. It's set, by default, at a range of June 1, 2020 to the current date. That's not far enough. I need it to go back to Jan 1, 2020. But it won't do that. Changing the range with that calendar function is useless because no matter what you set it for (in my case: Jan 1, 2020 to Dec 31, 2020), it automatically reverts back to its preprogramed default range. In fact the calendar function doesn't work on any of the reports.

The really puzzling question is why on earth was the "Earnings By Client" report removed from the system? It was the one report that provided us with the information we need at tax time here in the United States. Does ANYONE have an explanation for why that report was removed? I would LOVE to hear that explanation! I can't imagine what UpWork decision-maker thought removing it was a good idea. Whoever it was should be fired.

Hi Gary Val,

Are you not able to adjust the calendar to backtrack to January 1st? I just tried and it seems to be working. Please see this screenshot. I have also shared your feedback with the team. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joanne,

I finally got it to work on the Transaction History report. Don't know why it wouldn't function properly before.

tlbp
Community Member

Does this feature not work for you?

Billings & Earnings - Google Chrome 2021-05-15 at 8.14.00 AM.jpeg

Hi Tonya,

No, it doesn't work for me because it only goes back to June, 2020. I need to go back to Jan 1, 2020. But I did finally get the calendar function to work on the Transactions History page so I copied the info there and pasted it into a text/edit program. It will have to do.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members