Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why do some jobs not have milestones?

afifield
Community Guru
Amanda F Member Since: Aug 8, 2015
1 of 6

I was just wondering why some jobs don't allow to propose milestones when bidding? Is this something the client controls? Basically there is no option on them to select by project or by milestone. 

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
BEST ANSWER
2 of 6

I'm pretty sure it's determined by the dollar value of the project.

When they don't have it, if I think it's a job best suited by milestones, I just write, "I'd propose starting with..." and lay them out at the end of the proposal.

View solution in original post

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 6

All jobs have milestone(s) - Just low value ones may have only one (under $ 100 if i am not mistaken)

I bid per project for anything not too far above $ 1000

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
4 of 6

@Petra R wrote:

All jobs have milestone(s) - Just low value ones may have only one (under $ 100 if i am not mistaken)

I'm pretty sure she's talking about the bid form. For larger jobs, the freelancer can bid by milestone or per project, but for smaller jobs the option to create proposed milestones is not available.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
5 of 6
Y
@Tiffany S wrote:

@Petra R wrote:

I'm pretty sure she's talking about the bid form. For larger jobs, the freelancer can bid by milestone or per project, but for smaller jobs the option to create proposed milestones is not available.

Yes, but the "per project" job still has a milestone, just a single one...

My brain's fried, I may be nit-picking Smiley Very Happy

afifield
Community Guru
Amanda F Member Since: Aug 8, 2015
6 of 6

Sorry, I've been busy and forgot I made this. lol. Yes, I mean in the bid form, but I've had projects that were $2000, for example, with no way to create a milestone and only have the option of by project, so I was just curious why some other projects of equal value do have it, while some don't, is it a glitch or just some don't have it for whatever reason? But yes, I could certainly suggest milestones to the client. Smiley Happy 

Yeah, the per project is still a milestone, but I was wondering why some don't have a way to have multiple milestones while there are ones with the same value that do have the option. I especially prefer multiple milestones when dealing with larger amounts. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS