🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » why does my job feed show me jobs that are ex...
Page options
rozroz13
Community Member

why does my job feed show me jobs that are explicitly not accepting jobs from my location?

Clients can choose to mention their preferred location on the job so why can't I in my job feed have the same filter? Secondly, why should my feed show me those jobs at all?

In all the jobs I have applied to that had an explict "exclusion", I have never even received a response let alone an interview so what's the point of showing me a job that I know I won't get a response to either?

2 REPLIES 2
AndreaG

Hi Ashish,

If you'd like to filter job posts by location, you can! Check out this help article for more info. Please note that clients are only able to add a preferred location and not exclude specific locations. If you don't meet the preferred location requirement you can still submit a proposal but may choose not to. This is why those jobs still appear in your feed.

~Andrea
Upwork
rozroz13
Community Member

Why would anyone sensible choose to apply to a specially excluded job where a client has used their discretion? And as I've said I've applied to such jobs in the last few years but have never got a single response let alone an interview/offer. Which only goes to show that clients use that metric seriously but freelancers cannot for some reason.

That said, maybe upwork would have stats on (1) how many excluded jobs were actually given to excluded candidates and (2) how many candidates actually applied to such jobs. But from my experience here upwork doesn't really work towards making it better for freelancers so I won't be surprised if this data point is not available or is not used.

Secondly, my ask for the job feed was to filter jobs that do not exclude my location i.e. show only those jobs that I won't waste my time with - that's the whole point of filters. That doesn't seem to be one of the filters on offer unless I'm missing something.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths