🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: why is my bonus not reflecting in my over...
Page options
michaeljan89
Community Member

why is my bonus not reflecting in my overview?

had a logo project with a client for $200USD fixed. After the project the client gave me a bonus of $100USD. today is suppose to be the day where all that would reflect on my available blance, however i only see the $200? and the bonus i can only see it as due. should i be worried? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
browersr
Community Member

It looks to me that while the overall budget was $200, the milestone paid was for $100 and then a bonus was given of $100 for a total of $200. You can see your bonus in the details section of the image you attached paid on 9/23. You can see a few days earlier the service charge which would be on the $100 from the milestone. There is nothing left in escrow. Was it your expectation of receiving $300? From what you have shown only the $100 was given as the accepted milestone with $100 as a not required bonus.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
browersr
Community Member

It looks to me that while the overall budget was $200, the milestone paid was for $100 and then a bonus was given of $100 for a total of $200. You can see your bonus in the details section of the image you attached paid on 9/23. You can see a few days earlier the service charge which would be on the $100 from the milestone. There is nothing left in escrow. Was it your expectation of receiving $300? From what you have shown only the $100 was given as the accepted milestone with $100 as a not required bonus.

wow i did not notice that there was still a milestone that's unpaid. i think client just missed that part. Thanks a bunch Scott and Petra! I will contact the client

Michael J wrote:

wow i did not notice that there was still a milestone that's unpaid. i think client just missed that part. Thanks a bunch Scott and Petra! I will contact the client

For clarity you said a "milestone unpaid". However, there is nothing in escrow meaning there is no milestone here. The client would first need to fund the milestone and you would then do the work against the milestone, before it could be submitted for payment. At this point the client is not obligated in anyway as again there is nothing in escrow. 

petra_r
Community Member

Michael J wrote:

had a logo project with a client for $200USD fixed. After the project the client gave me a bonus of $100USD. today is suppose to be the day where all that would reflect on my available blance, however i only see the $200? and the bonus i can only see it as due. should i be worried? 

Go to "My Reports > Pending"

Take a look at the left hand column next to the Bonus payment.

Does it say a date? (Then that's the date the money will become available, usually a day after the milestone does)

Or does it still say "Pending?" (That means it has not been paid (to Upwork) by the client yet)

Edited to add:

What Scott said, as well.

Two possible situations:

1. If you are expecting $ 300, that won't happen, the $ 200 were paid as a milestone of $ 100 and a bonus of $ 100, (instead of a second milestone...)
  2. Whether the second $ 100 has ever been actually been paid yet - see the date in the left hand column.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths