Reply
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

why recently prices have fallen so?

marselozi
Active Member
Marcel P Member Since: Oct 8, 2018
1 of 3

I have been on UPwork for several months, at the beginning I was very pleased that the prices offered by customers on this portal are higher than on other websites, which is why I decided to expand my account here. However, for some time I have noticed a significant drop in the rates offered! I am a graphic artist, previously about 10% of clients offered funny, low rates for orders, now it is 90%, rates have dropped significantly and are pathetic when the remaining 10% of customers give "normal" rate, 50 freelancers report to him and it's hard to I know that I can offer bigger rates, but what if the client wins someone for less money ... Does anyone have any idea what's going on?

rolludesig
Community Guru
Rahul V Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
2 of 3

yes rates have gone down significantly..everyday bulk and bulk of cheap projects are being posted..i mentioned this yesterday in a post as well...if this goes on i think it is bad days ahead for freelancers

lakitel
Ace Contributor
Albert B Member Since: Apr 11, 2016
3 of 3

This is called supply and demand. When there are more freelancers doing the same work, and less clients asking for that same kind of work, the prices will go down. There's also a lot of people coming from still developing countries where the dollar is worth a lot more, so they can undercut the competition.

 

 Either way, this has always been an issue on the site, and is not something unique to the past few weeks or months.

 

The only thing you can do is provide a quality of service that cannot be had with lower-cost freelancers. I've personally had clients who come back to me and offer to pay my going rate (after refusing at first) because the other writers they dealt with weren't great.

 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS