🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » why upwork dont payback unanswered job offer'...
Page options
pourya-mazaheri
Community Member

why upwork dont payback unanswered job offer's connects

hi

recently i found some job offers that the clients Last viewed status is passed more than 1month. there are no activity in many job offers but what is make a question for me is that why Upwork charges us for a proposal but if a client doesn't move or even don't check back his job offer upwork don't pay back our connects. it seems we are wasting most of our connect. because some clients just post job offers and don't come back again. while there is no charging for posting a job there should be a limitation time for a client activity. I mean Upwork should help freelancers to be safe too. 

my suggestion to Upwork is you can set a time limitation activity meters if a client has no activity on your site or those specific offers just payback connects. (some of them take a lot and most of them seem left Upwork) if the limitation finished besides emailing to client payback freelancers connects and set situations if a client wants to reactive his job offer pay for extending time limitation by submitting the reason for inactivity on the site. in my opinion, it's not fair enough when you see Upwork would charge only freelancers for job proposals and you see most of the clients may not turn back to the Upwork to check your proposals or others at all.

there should be a meter and a badge on the job offers list page to show clients the latest activity on the site then you see if a client is active, then send your proposal otherwise move on to the next because that client who has no activity on the site may not send any answer to anyone at all.

the second question is normally how long it takes a client to check all proposals and find the best one? or even interview the best one. it's been 5 days that I approximately send 7-10 proposals but all the latest activities of those job offers relate to some days before sending a proposal. 

the third question is how to select or find out which client is a good responsive one? and you may not waste your time by sending your proposal? shouldn't be a meter for that?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Pourya,

Thank you for this feedback. We understand that some clients will post jobs and unfortunately never hire and never close their jobs. We know this is frustrating and we will continue to reach out to clients to encourage them to hire or remove their job. We do, of course, also recommend you closely review the client’s details, such as past hire rate, to help you decide whether to use Connects to submit a proposal for a project. To learn more about what you should be looking for in a job post, please check out this article

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Pourya,

Thank you for this feedback. We understand that some clients will post jobs and unfortunately never hire and never close their jobs. We know this is frustrating and we will continue to reach out to clients to encourage them to hire or remove their job. We do, of course, also recommend you closely review the client’s details, such as past hire rate, to help you decide whether to use Connects to submit a proposal for a project. To learn more about what you should be looking for in a job post, please check out this article

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members