cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

withdrawing USD to UK accounts

Samuel C Member Since: Jan 20, 2018
31 of 34

Also I'd imagine you'd be able to withdraw to Paypal then transfer the USD to Revolut without any fees right? 

Laurent J Member Since: May 29, 2018
32 of 34

Of course there is a fee

I think it's 2.5$ from a quick google search, on another post I saw 1.5€... So I guess it depends on your Paypal account's nationality.

I use Paypal and Upwork but these fees make me mad.

I mean I gladly pay the fees on My work here but paying again to withdraw funds ?

Still I don't pay for those withdrawing every 20 dollars so I guess it's fair this way... But still I don't like it. Should be free over a thousand.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
33 of 34

Laurent J wrote:

Of course there is a fee

Not on the receiving side (on PayPal)

Laurent J wrote:

I think it's 2.5$ from a quick google search, on another post I saw 1.5€... So I guess it depends on your Paypal account's nationality.

$ 2

Laurent J wrote:

I use Paypal and Upwork but these fees make me mad.

I mean I gladly pay the fees on My work here but paying again to withdraw funds ?

Still I don't pay for those withdrawing every 20 dollars so I guess it's fair this way... But still I don't like it. Should be free over a thousand.

Why? Because you consider PayPal to be a charity that offers its services for free?

If you are paid "for goods or services" on PayPal (outside of Upwork) you pay a percentage of the amount (3-4%) to PayPal as a fee, so on $ 1000 that would be $ 30+.  With the MassPay option on Upwork you only pay the withdrawal fee, which, on $ 1000, is a tiny fraction.

I am stunned that anyone could possibly whine over a $ 2 fee for shifting $ 1000 of money...

Laurent J Member Since: May 29, 2018
34 of 34

My problem is to pay a fee over an already existing fee. I pay 10% on my earnings then an extra fee to move my earnings. I already paid a fee, 111.11 dollars if I have 1000 dollars on my account... In my humble opinion it's enough, of course you can argue 111.11 and 112.11 is pretty close, but still.

But as I said, I guess it is better than to share the cost of everyone since I see here people talking about shifting 20 dollars by 20 dollars, so maybe it's better this way.

I do not consider Paypal a charity but a bank and they earn a lot without those extra fees. Banks are quite profitable.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS