🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: upwork to M-pesa delay
Page options
wanjohi_joseph
Community Member

work to M-pesa delay

I initiated a withdrawal 12 hours ago from Upwork to M-pesa. I even received a confirmation email that payment has been processed, but I haven't received it yet. what could be the issue? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I see that. But unless the calender works differently in Kenya I still suggest that March 21 was in fact a Saturday. While Upwork may have said to the bank “Hey go pay Ford this amount” the bank simply hasn’t gotten to it yet. This will happen next week. If you didn’t have the money in your account say…Wednesday maybe I’d contact your bank to see what the delay might be.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
joostdoevelaar
Community Member

The issue is probably the fact that it is the weekend. Not sure how it is in Kenya but in Europe the banks don't process transfers until Monday. Ergo, you should probably receive your money in your account on Monday afternoon. 

It could be, but this is a mobile money transfer. I called the mobile service provider but they claim they have received the money from Upwork

Hi Ford,

I checked the transaction you are referring to and it seems that it was successful from our end. Please note that in most cases, your payment transfers immediately. However, there are occasions when it may take up to 24 hours on weekdays or next business day on weekends. For more information please check out this help article about M-Pesa fees and timing.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Aleksandar D wrote:

Hi Ford,

I checked the transaction you are referring to and it seems that it was successful from our end. Please note that in most cases, your payment transfers immediately. However, there are occasions when it may take up to 24 hours on weekdays or next business day on weekends. For more information please check out this help article about M-Pesa fees and timing.

Thank you.

Hello Aleksandar D,

One business ay is over, and still no money received on my end. Please culd you reverse the transaction.

Hey guys,

I withdrew money on Saturday night from upwork via mpesa but up now I haven't received it. What could be the issue?

Hi Ford,

Please allow for 1 business day to be completed, if you don't receive your funds by tomorrow let us know here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hey, 

One business day is over, but still, I  haven't received the cash yet. Could you please reverse the transaction or do something that will make me get back my funds.

Hi Ford,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with tracing your transaction. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Ford,

Did you ever receive your money?

I have been having this issue numerous times, and it's getting exhausting now

Hello Ford, How did it go? Thank you.

Hi Upwork

I withdrew money to my Mpesa account and it has taken more than 24 hrs to wait please can you help me? Thanks

Hi Mohamed,

I shared your issue with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
wanjohi_joseph
Community Member

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

I see that. But unless the calender works differently in Kenya I still suggest that March 21 was in fact a Saturday. While Upwork may have said to the bank “Hey go pay Ford this amount” the bank simply hasn’t gotten to it yet. This will happen next week. If you didn’t have the money in your account say…Wednesday maybe I’d contact your bank to see what the delay might be.

Last time I did an MPESA transfer, it was processed in record seconds.This time round, its taking forever.Is there anything you need to work on to ensure its expedited..A business day has lapsed and havent seen the funds too.Could the problem be getting bigger?

Hi Kevin,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi

I withdrew money into my Mpesa account on September 21st that is like 48hrs ago and I have not yet received the money. What could be the problem and how can I get help, please?

Hi Mohamed,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your withdrawal. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths