cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

work to M-pesa delay

wanjohi_joseph
Ford W Member Since: Nov 25, 2017
1 of 14

I initiated a withdrawal 12 hours ago from Upwork to M-pesa. I even received a confirmation email that payment has been processed, but I haven't received it yet. what could be the issue? 

joostdoevelaar
Ace Contributor
Joost D Member Since: Jun 27, 2016
2 of 14

The issue is probably the fact that it is the weekend. Not sure how it is in Kenya but in Europe the banks don't process transfers until Monday. Ergo, you should probably receive your money in your account on Monday afternoon. 

wanjohi_joseph
3 of 14

It could be, but this is a mobile money transfer. I called the mobile service provider but they claim they have received the money from Upwork

djondinium
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
4 of 14

Hi Ford,

I checked the transaction you are referring to and it seems that it was successful from our end. Please note that in most cases, your payment transfers immediately. However, there are occasions when it may take up to 24 hours on weekdays or next business day on weekends. For more information please check out this help article about M-Pesa fees and timing.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
wanjohi_joseph
5 of 14
Aleksandar D wrote:

Hi Ford,

I checked the transaction you are referring to and it seems that it was successful from our end. Please note that in most cases, your payment transfers immediately. However, there are occasions when it may take up to 24 hours on weekdays or next business day on weekends. For more information please check out this help article about M-Pesa fees and timing.

Thank you.

Hello Aleksandar D,

One business ay is over, and still no money received on my end. Please culd you reverse the transaction.

wanjohi_joseph
6 of 14

Hey guys,

I withdrew money on Saturday night from upwork via mpesa but up now I haven't received it. What could be the issue?

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
7 of 14

Hi Ford,

Please allow for 1 business day to be completed, if you don't receive your funds by tomorrow let us know here. Thank you.

Untitled
wanjohi_joseph
8 of 14

Hey, 

One business day is over, but still, I  haven't received the cash yet. Could you please reverse the transaction or do something that will make me get back my funds.

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
9 of 14

Hi Ford,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with tracing your transaction. Thank you.

Untitled
bafai2015
Peter W Member Since: May 1, 2018
10 of 14

Hi Ford,

Did you ever receive your money?

I have been having this issue numerous times, and it's getting exhausting now

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS