🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » work
Page options
daniellutz20
Community Member

work

Good day my name is Daniel 

I am kinda new to upwork. I summited about 17 proposals between yesterday an 5 dau's ago i haven't gotten anyone who want's me to do anything i don'r understand i got 1 hit an no reply back after i replied to there message what am i doing wrong. I do a lot of diffrent thing's like most of us Ecommerce / Marketing / SEO / etc ???

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Daniel L wrote:

I do a lot of diffrent thing's like most of us Ecommerce / Marketing / SEO / etc ???

And therein lies the problem.

The platform is drowning in freeelancers in the "I do a lot of things like ...:" category. Absolutely drowning. It was before the COVID 19 situation, and it got 100 times more competitive now Millions worldwide want to get work online.

You may need to rethink, rebrand, find a niche.

Also, your profile looks careless. Your overview (which is the space where you get to convince clients what hiring you will bring to THEIR table" is just a list of generic stuff you offer.

You have not completed your profile, there is no employment history, no education history, no portfolio.... 

You *NEED* that.

tranvanhieu
Community Member

First job is the hardest to get, as no one even know if you are real. Think of using an Uber taxi driver with no review yet, vs the one with 100+ 5 stars reviews.

I think you can try some easy jobs that can be completed in <1 hour, with low budget. I am not telling you to sell yourself cheap, you know your worth. But people can only "risk" hiring a new freelancer to do not-so-important jobs.

After several 5 stars reviews, things will get easier. 

But simple jobs or not, you still need to work on your profile and your proposal, they are keys.

Hieu T
Vietnamese translator

Hi, 

I'm still new here and still about to finish my profile but I am not familiar with the hourly rate. Can you advise how much should be the hourly rate for an entry-level? 

Thank you. 

leadwithaheart
Community Member

Yes, you need to complete your profile first.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members