🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » working hours not registered
Page options
0b20e40f
Community Member

working hours not registered

Good morning,

I would need some help since i've been trying to get with upwork without success.

I cant download the destop app on my macbook to track the working hours, i started yesterday already to work, but on my contract and timesheet doesnt show nothing.

13 REPLIES 13
0b20e40f
Community Member

im trying to contact upwork support without success

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Debora,

Could you please check if the steps listed in this help article resolves your issue? Let us know if it doesn't work so that we can get the team to investigate it further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello, thank you for your reply, that article speaks about camera,
microphone and stuff like that, i can not install the desktop app on my
macbook in order to track the working time, and im worry because im already
working but nothing is register on my profile.

Hi Debora,

You can find instructions on how to download and install the Desktop App here. Could you please share more details about the issue you're experiencing when trying to do this?

~Andrea
Upwork

re: "im worry because im already working but nothing is register on my profile."

How would hours register on your profile?

You said that you didn't download the time-tracker app. And you aren't logging time manually.

So... why would any hours be on your profile or timesheet?

I don't understand your question.

Thats what im asking. If i can not install the upwork app on my computer, because is not compatible, how do i track my working hours.

If the employer can do it or i register it manually.

re: "how do i track my working hours. If the employer can do it or i register it manually."

A client (or "employer") can not log or track your hours.

You can log your hours manually.

OR a client can use the client-side "Pay bonus" tool to pay you.

For example, if you don't log your hours at all...

...and you worked for 2 hours...

...and your hourly rae is $10/hour...

Then the client could pay you using the "Pay bonus" tool by simply sending you a $20 payment to cover the hours that you worked.

We aren't recommending this. We are pointing out that it is possible.

0b20e40f
Community Member

Thats the process i've been trying to do. It downloads the app, but i can not install it and run it on my macbook pro.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Debora,

Could you please try the troubleshooting tips shared in this help article?  If the issue persists, please report it following the ’’How do I report a problem?’’ section of the previously shared troubleshooting guide, and our team will assist you directly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
0b20e40f
Community Member

So my question is, how do i track my working hours.

re: "So my question is, how do i track my working hours."

You simply log your hours manually.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068488-Add-Manual-Time

You can log your hours manually if you have web browser on your computer, or a smart phone with a web browser, or the Upwork mobile app.

You do not need the desktop-based time tracker in order to log your hours.

tagrendy
Community Member

If your client allows manual hours in the contract, you can use that before the time tracker issues are solved. But keep in mind that manual hours are not protected, if the client decides not to pay for them, you will not be paid. If this is a first time client, might be better to make a bit of shift in the deadline and get the tracker issues solved first, or maybe setup a new contract with the client on fixed terms, and use Escrow system to have the client pre-fund the work.

As long as the client is 100% honest, you will be paid for your time, regardless of if you use manually-logged time or desktop-tracked time.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths