Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

workload (and duration) in fixed jobs

4cd87776
Stephan M Member Since: Jul 3, 2017
1 of 5

Hi,

while requesting some jobs through the API job search, I saw that there are jobs with job_type 'Fixed' which still had workloads which were set to "30+ hrs/week" and in one case, I found a fixed job with a duration of "Less than 1 month".

This is very puzzling to me, since fixed price jobs don't have a workload or duration (it isn't even available in the job creation dialog) so how come there are some jobs accessible through the API which still have a value other than None set for workload or duration? I have to mention that the jobs in question are all older than October 2016 so my guess is that there may have been a change in procedure and before, fixed jobs were allowed to have workloads set? Thank you very much in advance for clarification.

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 5

Hi Stephan,

Thanks for posting in the Community. Can you please send me the links for Fixed-Price jobs showing the "30+ hrs/week" requirement in a private message, so I can check?

Untitled
4cd87776
3 of 5

Here is the excerpt of jobs with job_type 'Fixed' and workload '30+ hrs/week':

~01023dd58f0426d319

~0100f1930e22a6bd8f
~01008536e0c4468903
~01018860b8f8e6c39f
~0100bd4183ad38bd8c

And the one job with duration 'Less than 1 month':

~01b6a8819abdc1a8da

Keep in mind that duration and workload for these jobs is only visible when accessing them through the API, it's not visible in the webinterface for the job.
To reproduce, you can for access the first job I listed through the python API with the following query:

query_data = {'title': 'second industry', 'category2': 'Data Science & Analytics', 'job_status': 'completed'}
print client.provider_v2.search_jobs(data=query_data)

Also, I posted this thread in "API Questions/Answers" but it was moved to "Freelancers", could anybody please move this thread back to the appropriate category "API Questions/Answers"?

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
4 of 5

@Stephan M wrote:

Also, I posted this thread in "API Questions/Answers" but it was moved to "Freelancers", could anybody please move this thread back to the appropriate category "API Questions/Answers"?

Probably it was moved because your question isn't about using the API--it's about the parameters of fixed price jobs, even though you discovered the information that raised the question through the API.

4cd87776
5 of 5

Thank you for your quick reply. You are right, the question isn't directly about the API usage, I just thought the thread should be in "API Questions/Answers" since the discrepancies can only be found through the API.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS