cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

you may find it difficult to win new clients in the marketplace.

Ace Contributor
Mohammad Iqbal A Member Since: Mar 26, 2012
1 of 10

Hello Everyone

Any score at 90% or above is excellent (and puts you on the track to earn Top Rated status). If your score falls below 75%, you may find it difficult to win new clients in the marketplace.

The above paragraph clearly indicates that the upwork is favoring or supporting the clients only. This website is suppossed to support both the cleints as well as the contractors, Every contractor should be given chance to reach his or her job application to the clients and every contractor must not have any difficulty to win new clients in the marketplace.

There is no need to mention the Percentage of Job Success on the public profile of any contractor and let it decide the client to read the public profile of the contractors for whom the job applications are reaching to the clients.

Since last three years I have been working with oDesk but did not find such a difficulty to win new clients in the marketplace.

Since more than last six months I could not win a single new clients in the marketplace. Upwok has closed the doos for the poor job success contractors to win new clients in the marketplace. The doors are only opened for top rated contractors and If your score falls below 75%, you may find it difficult to win new clients in the marketplace.

Mohammad Iqbal

Community Guru
Ramon B Member Since: Jan 11, 2015
BEST ANSWER
2 of 10

Changing the topic slightly, my advice would be to refund your last contract, it doesn't seem worth the damage it's done for $1. I would also hide any test result below 75%. Doing both of these may help you find new clients.

Ace Contributor
Mohammad Iqbal A Member Since: Mar 26, 2012
3 of 10

Hello Ramon B
Community Guru

Changing the topic slightly, my advice would be to refund your last contract, it doesn't seem worth the damage it's done for $1. I would also hide any test result below 75%. Doing both of these may help you find new clients.

I could not get, which last contract I can refund please advise me. And what do you mean that you would also hide any test result below 75%. Doing both of these may help me find new clients. Can you really do this.

Kindly help me, I will be waiting for your detailed reply.

Mohammad Iqbal

Community Guru
4 of 10

I mean, your feedback is not high, getting rid of the last one through refunding it would make it higher, and look better to clients. Feedback score needs to be at least 4.80 stars, you have less than this, but it seems to be the result of a job you were anly paid $1 for. Therefore, a refund seems sensible.

Also, many of your test scores are very low. I would strongly recommend hiding any that are less than 4.00/5

Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
5 of 10

I'm top rated, 4,95 feedback and Job success 98%. I haven't done any work for two weeks. The work has dried up. There are a lot of bad things happening on here, and while I sympathise with your plight it's not just low job success to worry about these days. Upwork has made so many twists and turns, half-baked upgrades and additions, announced and unannounced changes recently, that it's nigh-on impossible to fathom out what's going on. Except that a lot of people seem to find the work drying up - and the only common denominator seems to be Upwork itself.

Community Guru
6 of 10

I think it's beyond even that, it's the Internet itself. The anonymity and the sense of invulnerability allows people the opportunity to act in a way most wouldn't in real life. Would anyone but a psychopath be as callous in person as many of these lowballing clients act on here?

Would freelancers (temps) in an office be treated with such scant regard in any concrete working environment as they are on this platform?

I'm convinced the Internet is an inherently  bad thing, it brings out the worst in human nature. This is why so many sites (freelancer People Per Hour etc.) ultimately turned into the very scams they inadvertently fostered.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
7 of 10

Hi Mohammad Iqbal,

While you are right about clients being able to review freelancers' profiles and make their decision about hiring, we think that experience of previous clients working with the freelancer is important as well and can help future clients with their decision. For this reason we display the star rating and the Job Success score on the freelancer's profile.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
8 of 10

Ramon, I don't blame the internet. That would be more foppery, as in "This is the excellent foppery of the world, that, when we are sick in fortune, often the surfeit of our own behaviour, we make guilty of our disasters the sun, the moon, and the stars". Internet enables and exposes abuse equally well.

9 of 10

Hello Valeria K Moderator

You are alos right that experience of previous clients working with the freelancer is important as well and can help future clients with their decision.

I am giving the example of the below client he was very well in chatting but very bad in cheating, what I mean he never send me his day to day business ducuments on regular basis for recording purpose and when chatting he was always asking about the work status. A lot of times I reminded him that you are not sending me your day to day business documents but that reminders he ignored a lot of time.

The below mentioned client never attended my emails and nor replied a single email from me.

At the end I tried to complete his project without getting his business documents, based on his bank transactions list send by the below mentioned client as a result he said "FANTASTIC" work done, so that I continued completing the same work as I thought that the client is very happy with my work, but after some days he became angry and said to me why I tried to complete the work based on his business transactions, I replied to him that based on your "FANTASTIC" work done remarks I tried to complete the work, but he did not listen to me and ended the contract with poor feedback.

I said the below mentioned client that what is my fault if you said "FANTASTIC" work done, therefore based on your remarks I continued the work, but I am bad luck that the client did not listen to me. Now what can I do in this case. I cannot fight with the client for excellent feedback.

**edited for Community Guidelines**

Therefore experience of previous freelancers working with the clients is important as well and can help future freelancers with their decision.

Mohammad Iqbal

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
10 of 10

@Mohammad Iqbal A wrote:

Therefore experience of previous freelancers working with the clients is important as well and can help future freelancers with their decision.

That's true, Mohammad, and I would encourage you to leave an honest feedback to clients as you will have 14 days after the end of the contract to do so. Additionally, while you can't remove client's feedback from your profile, you can use the option to respond to it and professionally explain your side of the story.

Also, note that I had to remove the name of the company from your comment as it was in violation of our Community Guidelines.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS