🐈
» Support » Known Issues and Workarounds » Agency Owners unable to Close their Agency
Page options

Agency Owners unable to Close their Agency

When attempting to close their agency, agency owners would experience an error "Exception occurred Failed to parse ODS response..."

Owners could still get their agencies closed by contacting Upwork support team. 

This issue has now been fixed and if you decide to close your agency, you should be able to do it by going to Agency context> Settings> Agency Settings and clicking the Close Agency button:

kochubei_valeria_0-1674145365752.png

Edited to add:

Hi All,

This issue is resolved and we will be closing this thread from further comments. However, if you still experience the issue mentioned on this thread please let us know by posting in Community Support section and we will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you,

36 Comments
chris_meli
Community Member

chris_meli_0-1648140531069.png

NikolaS

Hi Chris,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your request with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

rehanahmed107
Community Member

I am the owner of agency and I am trying to close the agency that I created for exploring it. Now when I am trying to close it, it gives this error. Exception occurred Failed to parse ODS response:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

NikolaS

Hi Rehan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

rehanahmed107
Community Member

the issue is still not resolved.

AndreaG

Hi Rehan, 

I'm sorry to hear that. I can see you were able to update your support ticket with our team. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

81b6eb2b
Community Member

Hi Upwork!
I have created agency profile by mistake while exploring the agency profile and now I want to close it.
I 'm getting error after clicking on "Close the agency".
I don't have any active candidacy on it.
I'm unable to bid from my freelancer profile because it show that you don't have any available connects but I have 145 connects.
Please check the atttached file for the error.
Please help me in this ASAP.
Thanks
Regards
Mubassar Khan

ArjayM

Hi Mubassar,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I have escalated your concern and one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

rehanahmed107
Community Member

It's been weeks now and my issue is not addressed yet, what is the fastest way to get this done? can anyone help?

rehanahmed107
Community Member

I am still looking for a solution. Pls any one?