🐈
» Support » Known Issues and Workarounds » Agency Owners unable to Close their Agency
Page options

Agency Owners unable to Close their Agency

When attempting to close their agency, agency owners would experience an error "Exception occurred Failed to parse ODS response..."

Owners could still get their agencies closed by contacting Upwork support team. 

This issue has now been fixed and if you decide to close your agency, you should be able to do it by going to Agency context> Settings> Agency Settings and clicking the Close Agency button:

kochubei_valeria_0-1674145365752.png

Edited to add:

Hi All,

This issue is resolved and we will be closing this thread from further comments. However, if you still experience the issue mentioned on this thread please let us know by posting in Community Support section and we will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you,

36 Comments
ee0f4857
Community Member

I created agency few months ago. Because of some reasons I decided to close it. When I tried to close it, upwork shows this error. 

Exception occurred ORPC service error: level=ERROR hostname=0b40b0bc5961 errcode=Error::App::CUSTOM_ERROR value=1 text=Company has active candidacies on its behalf file=/o/appserver/orpc/Engage.pm line=7391

How can I fix this?

(I have not added any team member yet)

ee0f4857
Community Member

I got this error too. I tried again and again. But I couldn’t close

AndreaG

Hi Lakindu,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

ee0f4857
Community Member

Can you close my agency too?

ee0f4857
Community Member

Thank youu

mehran44
Community Member

Hi Upwork Community Members,

1. I created an agency account by mistake, I'm not ready to work as an agency yet (As I'm still gaining knowledge and trying to figure how agency works on Upwork) so I tried to close it but this error appears everytime I click "Confirm" and can I create an agency again in future? I need some help here. 

2. Need to know, if closing my agency account will have any effect on my individual freelancer account?
3. Where can I find more information about how agency works, it's benefits and all other stuff.

Many Thanks...!!

Best, 

Mehran

mehran44_0-1664155130130.png

PradeepH

Hi Mehran,

Thank you for your message. You can learn more about Agencies here. You can keep your agency account active with the Basic plan while you learn how Agencies work. The Basic membership of the Agency account does not have any charge. Please know that if you are under the Basic plan, you will not be able to add freelancers/members to your agency. Should you wish to add team members to your agency account, you will need to upgrade to an Agency Plus plan, which costs $20 per month. You may read more about membership plans here.

Finally, closing your agency account will not affect your Freelancer account. You can still proceed with closing your agency and restore it later when you are ready. Let us know how you would like to proceed or feel free to message us if you have further questions.

Thank you,

Pradeep

mehran44
Community Member

Pradeep H wrote:

Hi Mehran,

Thank you for your message. You can learn more about Agencies here. You can keep your agency account active with the Basic plan while you learn how Agencies work. The Basic membership of the Agency account does not have any charge. Please know that if you are under the Basic plan, you will not be able to add freelancers/members to your agency. Should you wish to add team members to your agency account, you will need to upgrade to an Agency Plus plan, which costs $20 per month. You may read more about membership plans here.

Finally, closing your agency account will not affect your Freelancer account. You can still proceed with closing your agency and restore it later when you are ready. Let us know how you would like to proceed or feel free to message us if you have further questions.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Hi Pradeep H,
Thank you for replying. I'm still not clear about the error that apears when I try to close my agency account. Can you help me with that. 
Many Thanks,

Best 

Mehran

NikolaS

Hi Mehran,

Thank you for following up. I shared your concern with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

mehran44
Community Member

Nikola S wrote:

Hi Mehran,

Thank you for following up. I shared your concern with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

Hi Nikola,
Thank you for your concern, I've talked to the support and they closed my agency account on my behalf. My issue is resolved now. 

Many Thanks for the support and help.

Mehran