🐈
» Support » Known Issues and Workarounds » Agency Owners unable to Close their Agency
Page options

Agency Owners unable to Close their Agency

When attempting to close their agency, agency owners would experience an error "Exception occurred Failed to parse ODS response..."

Owners could still get their agencies closed by contacting Upwork support team. 

This issue has now been fixed and if you decide to close your agency, you should be able to do it by going to Agency context> Settings> Agency Settings and clicking the Close Agency button:

kochubei_valeria_0-1674145365752.png

Edited to add:

Hi All,

This issue is resolved and we will be closing this thread from further comments. However, if you still experience the issue mentioned on this thread please let us know by posting in Community Support section and we will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you,

36 Comments
joannaroxas
Community Member

Hi everyone! Could someone please help me? I do not have active proposals nor candidacies but I get this error everytime I try to close my agency: "Exception occurred ORPC service error: level=ERROR hostname=af448bce1d2f errcode=Error::App::CUSTOM_ERROR value=1 text=Company has active candidacies on its behalf file=/o/appserver/orpc/Engage.pm line=7414", Thank you in advance!

ArjayM

Hi Joanna,

I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. Please note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up and assist you further. You can expect the update on this page with the support ticket once your case is fully reviewed. Thank you!

saha-arpan
Community Member

Hello! I can't close my agency, because get error.

sahaarpan_0-1667400083210.png

Please help me.

rkgull
Community Member

Unable to close my agency profile. need help, please.

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi All,

The error that was preventing some agency owners from closing their agencies on their own has been fixed. If you decide to close your agency, you should be able to do it by going to Agency context> Settings> Agency Settings and clicking the Close Agency button:

kochubei_valeria_0-1674145117836.png

Thank you for your reports and patience. 

kochubei_valeria
Community Member
Status changed to: Resolved