🐈
» Support » Known Issues and Workarounds » Desktop App shows 'Checking connection. Faile...
Page options
0 Upvotes

Desktop App shows 'Checking connection. Failed to fetch.'

Hi Valued members, 

Some users may experience issues having an error with the Desktop App. Please see this attached screenshot for your reference:

812dd08c_0-1683084109203.png

Our engineers are looking into these errors and working to address the issue that's causing them. We'll keep this thread updated with more information or if it's been resolved.

Edited to add information. 

Hi everyone, 

Thank you for your patience while we investigated your issue with the Upwork Time Tracker.

We are aware that some customers using Windows 7 have been unable to use the Upwork Time Tracker app and that some customers who enable TLS 1.2 on their local system are able to resolve the issue.

Please note that the Upwork Time Tracker App is compatible with the following Operating Systems:

• Windows 11 64-bit
  • Windows 10 64-bit
  • macOS 13 Ventura
  • Ubuntu 22.04 LTS 64 bit

For the best experience, we recommend using the app with one of these Operating Systems. Although the app may work with other versions, we don’t officially support them, which means that we are limited in the troubleshooting and resolutions we can provide.

If you are using a compatible Operating System and still having issues with the Time Tracker, please reply and let us know what version you are using and (if not previously provided) what you’re currently experiencing when trying to use the app.

36 Comments
rsaini1994
Community Member

Upwork is not working on windows 7. I have cleared cache but it's not working.

rsaini1994_0-1682749771349.png

759e32fa

Hi Rajat,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue. Please allow our team 24-48 hours to review your request and reach out to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

rabiawasim
Community Member

Hello everyone

I have an issue with my laptop and time tracker software. I re-install many time the software and windows too, Its working on other PC normaly. Please anyone guide me.

Query: app.js

Trace ID: Failed to fetch

LuiggiR

Hello Rabia,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. I can also see that the Customer Support team has followed up with you recently. Kindly refer to your ticket here for more information.

parvesh_upwork
Community Member

Upwork app is not working on window 7

sakuodesk
Community Member

Dear Team,

I need immediate help with this issue. My Upwork App is showing blank and after deleting app data and following the steps it then starts showing this error:

We can't complete your request right now.
Please try restarting your app.

If the issue persists, contact customer support and provide a copy of the error below.

Query: app.js

Trace ID: Failed to fetch

See https://status.upwork.com for updates.

Most of them are comfortable using Windows 7 ( 64 Bit )
Attached is the screenshot too, please check.

I am an agency owner, and most of my team members are getting the same issue.

Regards,
Sandeep

PradeepH

Hi Parvesh,

I am sorry to hear about the issue with using Desktop App. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

PradeepH

Hi Sandeep,

I am sorry to hear about the issue with using Desktop App. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

parvesh_upwork
Community Member

Hi,

Desktop app not working in my laptop, Currently i am use window 7.  I downloaded the 64-bit desktop app for windows, but it won't open. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, but app not working. What do I need to do?

errorerror

ArjayM

Hi Parvesh,

I can see that the team handling your case has responded to your ticket here with more information and instructions on how to resolve the issue. Please don't hesitate to coordinate with the team by responding to the email linked to your case if you still need further assistance. The team will surely assist you accordingly.