🐈
» Support » Known Issues and Workarounds » Fully refunded contract still showing in work...
Page options
0 Upvotes

Fully refunded contract still showing in work history

Some freelancers may be experiencing an issue where a fully refunded contract is still showing on their profile's Work History. We'd like to confirm that our engineers are aware of this and are working on resolving it as soon as possible.

Update as of Monday, June 5: 
Hi everyone,
Please know that this issue is resolved. Thank you for patiently waiting as we worked to fix it. 

5 Comments
go-ahd
Community Member

Please can someone help me. 

I was offered a Job( did not apply), by a new client to review documents.

I accepted the job, turned on my tracker, and started discussing with the client. For no reason at all, zero dispute, no disagreement, absolutely nothing. The client suddenly ended the job and left me a 3-star review. 

I immediately contacted Upwork support and explained the situation. All my conversation with the client was on Upwork. 

I was advised to refund the entire amount of money I earned on the Job, and the review would be removed from my profile.

This has been the beginning of my ordeal, exactly 23 days ago...

I refunded the entire amount immediately and I have been checking my profile several times every day. And the review still remains today.

Previously, I get job offers almost every week and I don't spend up to 40 connects before I land a Job. 

however, since then...ZERO ! zero new jobs, zero offers. I have written so many proposals, boosted all, and spent over 160 connects. Still zero. my income has suffered greatly for the past month. 

I have written to Upwork support numerous times, and all I am told is that "it is being looked into".  For almost a month, it is still being looked into, while I continue to suffer a loss of over 90% of my income-earning potential.

Please, I am asking for help from the community. If anyone understands what this is like, to continuously bend over backward for every client, just to keep a perfect profile. Then for this to happen is so very unfair. 

PLEASE WHO CAN HELP ME??

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

AndreaG

Hi Ngozi,

I checked and it looks like our team updated your support ticket today. If you have any further questions please reply directly to the team as they are the ones who can best assist you with this issue.

go-ahd
Community Member

After no activity on the most recent ticket created 10 days ago, I asked for a follow-up, and the response is:

" they will get back to me"

go-ahd
Community Member

Does this mean that all your Technical team and Support team are unable to resolve this known issue for almost a month? 

Why not ask for help? Instead of trying to bury the issue, while freelancers suffer the consequences? 

I noticed that each time I created a ticket on this issue, it would quickly be flagged as closed, while there was no resolution. Forcing me to open 4 different tickets, and STILL no resolution...

Are you not concerned?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Resolved

Hi everyone,

Please know that this issue is resolved. Thank you for patiently waiting as we worked to fix it.