🐈
» Support » Known Issues and Workarounds » Issue with purchasing Connects. "Sorry, we co...
Page options

Issue with purchasing Connects. "Sorry, we couldn't charge the billing method you selected."

Some users may experience issue with purchasing Connects. 

Error message: "Sorry, we couldn't charge the billing method you selected. Please try a different one. If you still need help, contact customer support."

Screenshot of the issue: 

egaruth_0-1681909045244.png

Our engineers are aware of this issue and they are working as fast as possible to resolve it. We will update this thread as soon as we have more information. 

Edited to add:

Hi All,

This issue is resolved and we will be closing this thread from further comments. However, if you still experience the issue mentioned on this thread please let us know by posting in Community Support section and we will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

32 Comments
prashant_mishrra
Community Member

Dear Upwork Support,

Many employee and employer are facing this issue. This can not be card issue rather a big Upwork glitch that must be resolved at your end.

In My case I have $600+ in my upwork wallet and trying to prchase connects. Every thing was ok few days ok but todaty I start getting error.

Sorry, we couldn't charge the billing method you selected. Please try a different one. If you still need help, contact customer support.
Here there is no use of card or payment method because it must be deducted from my wallet which as sufficient balance.
Can you ask your team to check it thoroughly and fix it ASAP. If your tech team is not able to fix it there are many freelancers onupwork you can hire them to get it fixed. LOL.
Can you also look into my issue in purchasing connects?
zaibbb
Community Member

Hi there!
I have enough funds in my upwork account to buy connects. But it's giving me this error.
"Sorry, we couldn't charge the billing method you selected. Please try a different one. If you still need help, contact customer support."

Anyone from support team can help me?

Thanks

bilsim
Community Member

Maybe try clearing cookies, or changing your browser or device. Also, you should have somewhat higher amount in your balance than the amound you are paying for.

zaibbb
Community Member

Of course, I have more balance. I have cleared the cookies and tired in another browser and device but still same issue.

zaibbb
Community Member

How long it will take you to resolve the issue?

harshgk
Community Member

Hello Team

Even I am getting this issue, please suggest some workaround till it is resolved, as we cannot apply for jobs till we have connects.

Thank You

miriam-ocampo
Community Member

Hi, I have been trying to talk to someone in support but the chat is not working, and I sent a ticket but it says IT TAKES 3 DAYS TO ANSWER.  How can you get immediate support? I'm trying to buy connects with my balance but it says that  I need to choose another method of payment??? why???

2a05aa63
Community Member

It's most likely related to your bank, call them instead. I'm sure upwork is not blocking you from earning, I don't think their support with help with this. Try using Paypal if you didn't.

benjamingib
Community Member

Well that's embarrassing for Upwork. 😞

sherifhefnawy
Community Member

It's been more than 4 days now and Upwork still can't resolve this?