🐈
» Support » Known Issues and Workarounds » Issue with purchasing Connects. "Sorry, we co...
Page options

Issue with purchasing Connects. "Sorry, we couldn't charge the billing method you selected."

Some users may experience issue with purchasing Connects. 

Error message: "Sorry, we couldn't charge the billing method you selected. Please try a different one. If you still need help, contact customer support."

Screenshot of the issue: 

egaruth_0-1681909045244.png

Our engineers are aware of this issue and they are working as fast as possible to resolve it. We will update this thread as soon as we have more information. 

Edited to add:

Hi All,

This issue is resolved and we will be closing this thread from further comments. However, if you still experience the issue mentioned on this thread please let us know by posting in Community Support section and we will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

32 Comments
NikolaS

Hi Stacey,

I saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you.

354adc4e
Community Member

Hi Nikola, I am getting the same issue. Could you please look into this issues and solve it ASAP? Thanks.

rsilitech
Community Member

I am facing the same issue unbale to buy connect. Now a days Upwork charging 8 connects for most of the bid, it is getting too expensive.

bruce_ramsey
Community Member

I have purchased 100 additional connects but my account is saying that I only have 5 connects in my account. 

I therefore cannot bid on any new jobs    

justintimothy
Community Member

Same!?

NikolaS
Status changed to: Resolved

26bf975a
Community Member

Still not able to buy connects please respond

26bf975a_0-1683892779901.png

c3370d72
Community Member

You cannot get Paypal to open to make any purchases on Upwork. This has been going on for weeks.

hemant-bansal
Community Member

I am also facing the same issue. I have tried 4 different cards from 4 different banks, all had international transactions enabled, and all are working on other platforms like Facebook ads, google ads, digital ocean, LinkedIn ads, etc. I have checked with all the banks and they are not blocking recurring payments to upwork. How could it be that they are only blocking upwork's payments and not others? When I talk to upwork support, I receive the same automated reply that the issue is from my bank' end, The upwork support is totally useless and I am so fed up with this. I think I will need to leave upwork platform for good just because of this issue. 

prillia
Community Member

Hello, I am facing the same issue right now. Please help.