🐈
» Support » Known Issues and Workarounds » Issue with receiving Upwork Events & Webinars...
Page options

Issue with receiving Upwork Events & Webinars: Announcements from Upwork in messages center

Some users may experience issues with receiving Upwork Events & Webinars: Announcements from Upwork in Message Center after unsubscribing from emails. The screenshot for reference is below. 

egaruth_0-1687545963647.png

We would like to let you know that we shared your reports with our engineers and they are working as fast as possible to resolve it. We will update this thread once we have more information. 

Edited to update information. 09/12/2023

We would like to let you know that this issue is now resolved.

Thank you for your patience. 

71 Comments
work-fu
Community Member

A famous quote:

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence."

the-right-writer
Community Member

As I mentioned in another post, it's the "throw it at the wall and see what sticks" method of hard advertising. I believe Kim is correct, we need you men to tell us how to conduct business as a woman. After all, the obstacles usually come from men. (I'm sure you are not part of the offending group.)

It's mind-boggling that Upwork doesn't change even when seeing big dollar clients leaving, and not replaced. However, I still think the management likes the 5 vv r type and is trying to follow suit. The job fee percentages favor low-paying jobs and punish higher earners. The floodgates are going to stay open; Upwork has no intention of restoring rules, tests, or limits. Upwork insists you should sit at your computer and refresh, refresh, refresh and apply for any job, and boost to be one of the top three! No.

Upwork is driving great clients from the platform. Of course, this is all legitimate and no Upwork violation. The clients are disgusted with the garbage they find here, and find me and other freelancers outside Upwork. It doesn't have to be a downward dive, but the drive for short-term cash is short-sighted and changing Upwork into just another "write a 1000-word document for $5.00" platform.

the-right-writer
Community Member

I guess the men are there to tell women how they should conduct themselves in business. Or maybe Upwork is afraid to have a bunch of pissed-off women in the audience, demanding to know why we were invited to such a ridiculous event.

the-right-writer
Community Member

I thought maybe "AI" had taken over because I went to talk to the support bot, and it just laughed and laughed and laughed.

Perhaps it is Flintstone-powered, or I had visions of hamsters in their wheels, spinning, with rows and rows of hamster cages.

grimesr
Community Member

I was told by an Upwork staff that my name would be taken off the list of getting unwanted messages for Upwork. 

I got one today and I am very disappointed the staff member didn't do what I asked.

I am asking again, stop the spamming to my messages.

spectralua
Community Member

Yep, also got 2 spam messages for last 3 days.

Upwork, stop spamming freelancers with important tools! Want to send promo - do it with email. Upwork messages must be used for work communication only.  Or add option to block your "Upwork events" bot.

upd 3 messages for now.

grimesr
Community Member

I just got another spam. What do I have to do to get this stopped?

tlsanders
Community Member

Same.

the-right-writer
Community Member

Yes, for about two weeks I stopped receiving the irrelevant, "Get your first job", "Write your proposals" and the ever present absurd seminars/webinars from people with no jobs. I checked out one of the promoted freelancers "featured" who was going on about how to get jobs and freelance - and she had zero job experience! My messages are clogged again, and this is something Upwork agreed to do.

Upwork, get your advertising crap out of my feeds! You are not going to make me a farmer, which you keep trying, so stop sending those messages, too! Stop it all, except from clients. And give me a way to get rid of all the obnoxious people flooding my inboxes!

the-right-writer
Community Member

Throw connects?