🐈
» Support » Known Issues and Workarounds » Issues with the Upwork Message Center
Page options

Issues with the Upwork Message Center

Some users may experience issues with loading and sending messages. 

Our engineers are looking into this and we will follow up with more information as soon as possible. 

Edited to add:

We apologize for the interruption. The technical team is aware of the issue and working on fixing this as soon as possible. Please visit the Status page for the latest status.

Edited to add:

Hi All,

This issue is resolved and we will be closing this thread from further comments. However, if you still experience the issue mentioned on this thread please let us know by posting in Community Support section ad we will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you,

We appreciate your patience.

11 Comments
maryjacinto
Community Member

Last 3 messages not loading and says connecting to server. Send button is also missing.

sam-karam
Community Member

Same here. It seems chat is broken

parashabid
Community Member

Same here. Facing this issue for the last half an hour.

e3dd676c
Community Member

I'm about to send a message to my client and I saw "connecting to our server" and I can't send my messages to him. Did anyone experience this now?

kochubei_valeria
Community Member
Status changed to: Resolved

Hi All,

I'm happy to inform you that this issue has now been resolved. 

jonny_harrison
Community Member

Still happening a day after marked Resolved. Messages page is slow and banner at top of page says "Connecting to our server...". Can't send a message or upload files except right after reloading the page.

kochubei_valeria
Community Member
Jonathan H. wrote:

Still happening a day after marked Resolved. Messages page is slow and banner at top of page says "Connecting to our server...". Can't send a message or upload files except right after reloading the page.

Hi Jonathan, 

Could you please share which browser version you're using if you still experience this error and if you still get it while using alternative browsers? We tried but haven't been able to replicate the error since the root cause was fixed yesterday. 

efbe798b
Community Member

Yes, defintely noticing issues with the chat feature. There seems to be a lag, I'll get notified there's a message but can't see it. I also don't use the chat on the mobile app as that seems the most glitchy, curser skips around. Don't have that issue on the desktop version, but do still struggle with lags. The zoom through app was also a big struggle the other day. It was my first time using it, but both client and I were having issues with video/sound, lag, echoing, etc. 

8ef40f45
Community Member

I dont seem to understand what is going on with my profile I've tried so hard to view my dashboard and get my settings right but then it's not just working

alishahdrop
Community Member

Hi
I hope someone can help me. When can I have my Top Rated badge? My current JSS is 100% and earned 5k+ so far. Please help. Thank you!