🐈
» Support » Known Issues and Workarounds » M-Pesa Delay
Page options

M-Pesa Delay

We are aware that M-Pesa is currently having a technical issue that is causing withdrawal delays. We are closely monitoring the situation and will share updates here as soon as we have them. 

252 Comments
newtonmaithya
Community Member

Hello Chris,
Did your issue get resolved? If so what steps did you take? I have an issue similar to yours, I have withdrawing money to m-pesa without delays until today. Thank you

hiram-kamau
Community Member

Newton, my withdrawal was reversed, just now. They've credited the amount back to my Upwork balance.

fe85ca0c
Community Member

I have contacted upwork and there is no response, it is very worrying 

hiram-kamau
Community Member

Joy, in my case, they've simply reversed the withdrawal with the message (via email):

"We attempted to process your recent payment request but unfortunately it failed.

The reason for returned funds: Payment rejected by the bank.

As a result, the funds have been returned to your Upwork account and we need you to update your payment method for future payments"

annastasia-wanji
Community Member

Me Too.. funds refunded.. Thanks so much. 

05e308ac
Community Member

Hi Hiram ive also received the funds back into my account, which other payment options can we use to receive the funds now?

fe85ca0c
Community Member

Me too, so what do we do now? What does the message mean? Wait?

05e308ac
Community Member

I have received a similar email, which other payment channels can we use for instant reflection?

8c08f2c2
Community Member

Hi Everyone,

I am also experiencing the same M-Pesa payment problem today.

Usually payment reflects almost immedietly after the confirmation email comes in. However today is another story, untill now it has not reflected even as the confirmation email says oterwise.

This is so frastraing to deal with and to add to that I realised just today, that the last phone digits usually indicated on the confirmation email are no longer the last 4 digits of my M-Pesa number(......xxxx) as previously was. Now it is a ...0. ( I just realized it has been like this since 26-April-2023 though payments have been coming in the past few weeks since 26th apart from today)
I do not understand what is happening because I never made any changes to my account and I cant seem to see any notification about the change. However on checking the account the number seems to be correct, no
signs of a new number.

Is this the same case for everyone, was there a memo or is there something here thats not going well?

74c3f49c
Community Member

I am having the same challenge of payment via mpesA