🐈
» Support » Known Issues and Workarounds » Some freelancers are unable to withdraw earni...
Page options
0 Upvotes

Some freelancers are unable to withdraw earnings with Instant Pay

Our finance team is currently investigating issues with the withdrawals to InstantPay failing or being reversed.

Workaround: Please use an alternative withdrawal method to withdraw the funds.

Edited to add:

Hi All,

This issue is resolved and we will be closing this thread from further comments. However, if you still experience the issue mentioned on this thread please let us know by posting in Community Support section and we will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you,

24 Comments
fecke1984
Community Member

I'm having the same issue as well as Ashley M below.  Please resolve this issue.  We need to be paid today.  Two times initiating the deposit and it continues to reject.

fecke1984
Community Member

Are you still having issues too?

fecke1984
Community Member

That's exactly the same thing that's happening to me.  There is an issue on Upwork's end.  I do instance deposit every week and this is the first week this has happened.  Bank said the exactly same thing as yours did.  UPWORK HELP FIX THIS SO WE CAN GET PAID. 

ArjayM

Hi James,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I'm sorry to learn that you're having difficulties receiving funds with your payment method. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

7784f77b
Community Member

Thank you, Andrea. I have been communicating with the support team, yet, there are no support tickets in my requests. As far as I can tell, this has yet to be logged as an issue in the UpWork system. Where can I view my support tickets and the progress toward resolving them?

ArjayM

Hi Ashley and Kristen,

We truly appreciate you reaching out and reporting this here in the Community. I shared your reports with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

I have also escalated this to the appropriate team for further review of potential issues. We will surely keep this thread updated with more information once we receive a response. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

susanmccall
Community Member

I went ahead and withdrew my funds to bank account as I couldn't take a chance on waiting days. My instant pay still shows that it needs to be Re-enabled.   

Untitled.png

I considered removing my instant pay method and re-adding but it takes 3 days as well. 

susanmccall
Community Member

Thankfully, my funds showed up earlier than expected using the ACH to bank.

Curious -- has anyone had any updates on how their instantpay issue is going?

8abdeab0
Community Member

I wish I had known it was an issue with the instant pay only, because I generally get my funds the next day. I could have waited one day, if UW had been so kind as to let me know that it only affected the instant pay and I could have gotten them the other way. Now, I will have to wait 3 full days if I initiate the transfer right now.

This is very bad, as I'm sure some of us who live payment to payment and who may have floated checks in order to buy groceries or pay bills will now be subject to overdraft fees, which I am certain UW is not going to pay. This needed to be resolved yesterday, or at the very least send out a notice or email to all freelancers that this was an issue. Instead it has been completely silent. Very bad form on UW's part, very bad form.

fecke1984
Community Member

Nope.  I did the bank withdrawal to try to get the money, but I'm still waiting and still haven't received any info from Upwork.  Glad you got your money!