🐈
» Support » Known Issues and Workarounds » Unable to Fund Direct Contract
Page options

Unable to Fund Direct Contract

Some clients may be experiencing errors when funding Direct Contracts, adding a funding method for a Direct Contract or releasing a payment on a Direct contract.

Error: "We are sorry! We are experiencing a technical problem and cannot process your request right now. Please try again in a minute.”

Our engineers are aware of the issue and are working to address it as soon as possible. 

20 Comments
md_mehedi77
Community Member

My client is trying to pay through a direct contract but it is showing a technical error there.
There says "we are experiencing a technical problem and can not process payment right now."

I have discussed this with other people and all of them are facing the same issue.

Is this Upwork's technical problem? If not then what it is and how much time will it take to solve the problem?

Thanks
Hasan

ArjayM

Hi MD Mehedi,

Thank you for reaching out and reporting this error here in the Community. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further. We'll also update this thread whenever we get an update from the team handling your reports about Direct Contracts payment issues.

azmarc
Community Member

My client is constantly having this problem when my funding contract despite trying at different days.

"We are sorry! We are experiencing a technical problem and cannot process your request right now. Please try again in a minute."

I reached out to Upwork support over 4 days ago and still have recieved no update whatsoever. 

arslanriaz46
Community Member

It sounds like your client is experiencing a technical problem when trying to fund your contract. This can be frustrating, and I understand your concern. It's important to note that Upwork's support team is experiencing a high volume of requests due to the current situation, so the response time may be longer than usual.

In the meantime, you can suggest your client try the following steps:

• Clear the browser's cache and cookies
  • Try using a different browser
  • Try using a different device
  • Try funding the contract at a different time
  • Check if there is any issue with the client's bank account or credit card

You can also suggest your client reach out to the Upwork support team for further assistance and provide them with the contract id and error message, this way the support team can investigate and provide an update.

It's also a good idea to keep open communication with your client and keep them informed about the situation and the steps you are taking to resolve it.

Please also note that Upwork also provides phone support, that you can use to reach them.

You can also reach out to Upwork's support team again and provide them with the contract id and any error message that the client is receiving to help them investigate the issue faster.

arunasalman
Community Member

Hello, 

One of my Direct Contract client is experiencing technical problems while signing the contract and releasing payment.

Can someone from the Upwork Help kinldy look into this.

Thank you 

Aruna

759e32fa

Hi Abdullah,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue and are now being assisted by one of our agents. If you wish to update the team with new information, I highly suggest that you post it on the ticket thread. You can access your support tickets here.

759e32fa

Hi Aruna,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

NikolaS

Hi All,

Thank you for reaching out to us and bringing this to our attention. I would like to clarify that our engineers are aware of this issue and they are working as fast as possible on resolving it. 

We will update this thread once we have more information. 

We appreciate your patience, 

67734f85
Community Member

I tried to login to my account today to send someone who wants to send me a Direct Contract offer outside of Upwork, but to my dismay I noticed that Direct Contract is not working in my account again? What could be the reason for this?

My clients cannot process payment invitations for direct contracts. It says. We're sorry we're experiencing some technical issues and can't process your request right now. What's going on?

I need a quick response please.

Thank you
greetings

kochubei_valeria
Community Member
Status changed to: Known Issue