🐈
» Support » Known Issues and Workarounds » Unable to accept an offer: "An error has occu...
Page options

Unable to accept an offer: "An error has occurred..."

Our engineers are working on improving error messages in cases like this to make them more descriptive and helpful.

Meanwhile, if you're experiencing an error like this with sending or accepting an offer, please make sure:

• your and your client's accounts are in good standing
  • you don't have any account holds or notifications from the team in the help center
  • your client added a billing address and a valid payment method with sufficient amount to fund the offer

Edited to update information. 08/10/2023

We would like to let you know that error messages are now improved and should be much more informative and helpful. 

40 Comments
xcoltrane1
Community Member

Thank you for your response. I cannot log-in to the Zendesk with my normal username / email along with my normal password. I would love to access the solution. I continue to be frustrated by Upwork and wonder what you do with the % of my earnings that you take. Thank you for your attention.

NikolaS
Hi All,

Our engineers are working on improving error messages in cases like this to make them more descriptive and helpful. If you're experiencing errors like this with sending or accepting an offer, please make sure your and your client's accounts are in good standing, you don't have any account holds or notifications from the team in the help center,
and that your client added a billing address and a valid payment method with sufficient amount to fund the offer.

kochubei_valeria
Community Member
Status changed to: Workaround

1c3f914d
Community Member

I'm having an issue where I cannot accept the offer, I have tried using the different browser but it didn't help. Please help

3aa6adec
Community Member

Hello Andrea

I am trying to accept an offer , and I keep getting this error message "You cannot join this team until the client adds a complete address. Please wait until the client does so."

note: the client has updated his address but yet I keep having this issue 

sofia2008
Community Member

Client needs to update their full address in Contact info tab and in Tax info.

d9fb4c7b
Community Member

The client sent me an offer of $100 and i went to the offer page to accept it, Unexpectedly the message that was brought up is That "Your Client account is temporarily on hold, I need to wait till the issue is resoled" What can be the solution for this?

I really need to know the reason why this is happening

bilsim
Community Member

It is exactely what it says. You won't be given the reasons, you just need to wait.

92f24065
Community Member

Hi, I do hourly work and I want to add manually hours but I can't able to accept client offer because some issue on it his account on hold and 1 day left offer will be expiere. Please help me out so I can recieve my payment. Thanks

gardenia3021
Community Member

Hello everyone,

As far as I am concerned I am having similar problems. I got hired by the client, signed a privacy contract then I got no message from him. I  became private and I can't change it to public I get an error message "An error has occurred please try again later". Any ideas?

Thanks