🐈
» Support » Known Issues and Workarounds » Unable to reorder Skill tags on Profile.
Page options

Unable to reorder Skill tags on Profile.

Some users may experience issues with changing the order of Skill tags on their profile. 

Here are screenshots for reference.

Before editing.

image (4).png

Changing the order. 

image (5).png

After editing.

image (6).png

  

  

We would like to let you know that our engineers are aware of this issue and they are working as fast as possible on resolving it.  We will follow up here in the thread as soon as we have more information. 

Edited to add. 06/15/2023

We would like to let you know that issue with reordering Skill tags on Profile is resolved. Could you please try again to change the order of Skill tags on your profile and let us know if the issue persists? 

Thank you for your patience while this issue was being resolved. 

23 Comments
tayyab_hayat
Community Member

Hi Alexander,

This issue still persists. i've tried it with different browser and cleared the cache. After i click save it shows me the new order but by refreshing the page, my changes revert to the default. I've also tried removing all skills and adding them again with the desired order, but nothing changed as well.

Is there anything i'm missing, please assist me about this.

Thank you.

Regards

759e32fa

Hi Tayyab,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

aidangignac
Community Member

Upwork states in articles & resources to add tags that reflect skills that you provide via on a professional scale, education or certification. That's great, but when I add tags to my profile and re-order them by order of importance and save, it never actually saves the order I rearranged to. It resets them and just keeps the new tags but not proper I order. I am trying to boost my profile visibility and SEO and following Upwork's provided advice and official resources but it does no good if you follow it and there's a bug that has been going on for almost 2 months since I've been active on the platform. This bug happens on both iOS application & desktop web browser's Chrome and MS Edge. I hope I am not the only one who notices this. It's a problem for sure. Attached the screenshots showing my profile tags set on the edit page and the page showing the applied result. Totally out of order. This is definetly a bug report but also a general post wondering who else is experiencing this issue.

NikolaS

Hi Aidan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We will look into this further and will get back to you once we have more information. 

Edited to add: 

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

We appreciate your patience, 

8f1acab3
Community Member

Hi! I am trying to save the 15 skills according to how relevant and experianced I find myself to be in them but everytime I save and view it again, they appear in a random order. I'll be really thankful if someone could help me with this.

aidangignac
Community Member

Hey Saadia!

That is a common issue others including myself have encountered lately. Upwork has been communicating with me on my support ticket when I ask for an update. Unfortunately, I am also awaiting a response on the current status of my support ticket with Upwork Technical Support as they are waiting for an update from the Engineering team. When I get my ticket closed or have an update, I will update this posting and tell others who may have this issue what is being done.

Thanks!

8f1acab3
Community Member

Hi Aidan! Yes please that would be great 🙂

6516ca72
Community Member

Wehn i update my skills tgen i got this error please help me. I clear my cache also and logout and login again. 

Community Member

Yes, I'm having this frustration too. Is there any movement on a fix for it?

aidangignac
Community Member

I don't think there is much movement on this bug, Alicia. The issue itself is not an urgent outage technically but it has been some time since it has been acknowledged by Upwork staff. It has been frustrating for many but I expect a fix hopefully soon.