🐈
» Support » Known Issues and Workarounds » Unable to reorder Skill tags on Profile.
Page options

Unable to reorder Skill tags on Profile.

Some users may experience issues with changing the order of Skill tags on their profile. 

Here are screenshots for reference.

Before editing.

image (4).png

Changing the order. 

image (5).png

After editing.

image (6).png

  

  

We would like to let you know that our engineers are aware of this issue and they are working as fast as possible on resolving it.  We will follow up here in the thread as soon as we have more information. 

Edited to add. 06/15/2023

We would like to let you know that issue with reordering Skill tags on Profile is resolved. Could you please try again to change the order of Skill tags on your profile and let us know if the issue persists? 

Thank you for your patience while this issue was being resolved. 

23 Comments
a_olajuyigbe
Community Member

This is really serious at my end, as my most preferred skills are kept far from top on the order list. It changes itself back everytime I reorder making it difficult for my preferred clients and jobs to find me. It's really frustrating here.

abid_abir
Community Member

I'm facing this issue for a long time. Can't reorder, and sometimes can't add or remove skills. And for that, I'm missing job opportunities. When it will be fixed?

4beda4ef
Community Member

Hi, my Name is Lucrezia and I have been an Upwork freelancer for more than a year now. I have faces the same issue and tried to solve the problem by rearranging and rewriting the skills many times but the order that I want them to have never gets saved. I hope someone can help me with this because it keeps me from getting requests and work. Thanks in advance for your help 

4beda4ef
Community Member

Hi! I'd like to note that I have the same issue! It's not possible for me to order the skills the way that I want and it has been like this since I started out on Upwork 1+ year ago. It would help a lot if someone corrected the platform's mistake. Thank you in advance 

78e12b4c
Community Member

Thanks

siddiquiharis26
Community Member
Please solve my problem about portfolio Adding Error....
fizza-yousaf
Community Member

The Tags I updated on my profile are different from what actually shows on Upwork. I updated my tags months ago but they are not updated and still show old tags. How do I fix this problem?

NikolaS

Hi Fizza,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please share a screenshot from your end so we can check and assist you accordingly? Do you get any errors when you update tags? 

3cc81b47
Community Member

If you have updated your tags on your Upwork profile, but they are not reflecting correctly or are showing old tags, you can try the following steps to resolve the issue:

Clear Cache: Clear your browser cache and cookies to ensure that you are viewing the most up-to-date version of your Upwork profile. Sometimes, cached data can cause discrepancies between what you see and what is actually saved on the platform.

Refresh the Page: After clearing your cache, refresh the page where your Upwork profile is displayed. This will ensure that you are loading the latest data from the Upwork servers.

Check Profile Settings: Double-check your profile settings to confirm that the tags you want to display are selected and saved correctly. Go to your Upwork profile settings or edit profile section and review the tags you have chosen. Make any necessary changes and ensure that you save the updated information.

Contact Upwork Support: If the issue persists after trying the above steps, it's advisable to contact Upwork support directly for further assistance. They have access to your account information and can investigate the issue more thoroughly. Explain the problem you are facing with your tags not updating and provide them with any relevant details or screenshots to help them understand the situation better. They will guide you through the troubleshooting process and work to resolve the issue.

When contacting Upwork support, be patient and provide them with as much information as possible. It may take some time for them to investigate and address the issue, but they will do their best to assist you in resolving the problem with your tags not updating correctly on your Upwork profile.

fizza-yousaf
Community Member

Thank you for replaying. Here are the screenshots. First image shows my profile tags but when i search myself it shows tags which are shown in picture 2.

fizzayousaf_0-1685816163068.png

fizzayousaf_1-1685816191687.png