🐈
» Support » Known Issues and Workarounds » W-8BEN Notification Issue
Page options
0 Upvotes

W-8BEN Notification Issue

Some users may experience issue with notification regarding the W-8BEN form on their account.

Experience:

You added all information in the Tax Information section and you see the Completed status but the notification is still visible.

egaruth_1-1678892116785.png

23 Comments
hanndydannovan
Community Member

I got notice about complete a new W-8BEN or W-8BEN-E Foreign Status Certification and I did it. But, why the warning still appear even though all my tax information already filled out completly?

peterparzulov
Community Member

Hey Arjay,

I have the same problem in my account. I just filled out the Tax infomration but still staying some message on the top that still need to be updated. Should I make anything else or just waiting your team to review it?

Thank you!

b7366992
Community Member

Hi Annie.

I filled out the forms at Upwork, but the system asks me for the TIN. If I don't have this document, as a Brazilian, do I need to request it? What is the deadline to avoid undue tax charges?

ammars26
Community Member

I have also filled and completed all the required information but I still see the warning. Is it something like a general notification to all members or its showing me something at my end is incomplete?

iabdullah438
Community Member

Hi, I am Abdullah and I am from Pakistan, I've completed my all tax information and all three bubbles show "Completed" still I am receiving an alert on top of my profile saying "To follow U.S. tax laws, please complete a new W-8BEN or W-8BEN-E Foreign Status Certification. Please click here to add your tax information. Learn more".

celgins
Community Member

There have been a few other posts regarding this message. You can find more information about it here. You may also wish to reach out to Upwork Support.

c37fa3e9
Community Member

Same here.

899c4de1
Community Member

Hello,

I want to ask why this keeps appearing on my dashboard "To follow U.S. tax laws, please complete a new W-8BEN or W-8BEN-E Foreign Status Certification" I already fill all the information and all three capsules say "completed" but this message keeps appearing why is this?

Screenshot (6).png

759e32fa

Hi Mochammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

759e32fa

Hi Zala,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.