🐈
» Support » Known Issues and Workarounds » W-8BEN Notification Issue
Page options
0 Upvotes

W-8BEN Notification Issue

Some users may experience issue with notification regarding the W-8BEN form on their account.

Experience:

You added all information in the Tax Information section and you see the Completed status but the notification is still visible.

egaruth_1-1678892116785.png

23 Comments
899c4de1
Community Member

Hello, 

Screenshot (6).png

I wanted to ask why this message keeps appearing in my dashboard "To follow U.S. tax laws, please complete a new W-8BEN or W-8BEN-E Foreign Status Certification", I already fill everything and the three capsules of Tax Information say "completed", but this message keeps appearing, can you please tell me why? 

chan_flo
Community Member

we have the same issue. hope they can clear that up

aldwin154
Community Member

Same issue.

cc22d13a
Community Member

Here's the tax info bar is showing on my Upwork Homepage, even after submitting the required data.
Could anyone tell me about the process! Because My experience with Upwork is pretty limited, as I am new to the platform.

ArjayM

Hi Arindam,

I took a closer look at your account and can confirm that your Tax Information has been completely filled up. You also have a valid payment method on file so you should be able to process a payment. Don't hesitate to reach out if you're having difficulties getting paid and we'll look further into that for you.

r2_d2
Community Member

I also experiencing the same issue, I already submited W-8BEN or W-8BEN-E Foreign Status Certification in my profile setting but the warning messages still showing.

please hhelp me to solve the problem.

Thank you

5247f147
Community Member

I finished entering the form but still get this message?

5247f147_0-1678931552005.png5247f147_1-1678931563485.png5247f147_2-1678931573749.png5247f147_3-1678931592939.png

zavadskyi
Community Member

Hi. 

I have an additional question. Why does it keep showing me a message about VAT, I am not a VAT payer, but I entered all the necessary information, and the message appears. And does it affect my clients? Because the response from the client dropped by almost 100%.

zavadskyi
Community Member

I have an additional question. Why does it keep showing me a message about VAT, I am not a VAT payer, but I entered all the necessary information, and the message appears. And does it affect my clients? Because the response from the client dropped by almost 100%.

wemskii
Community Member

Hello Erin,

I'm a Upwork freelancer too. I'm from Indonesia (South East Asia). 
I got this warning for sometime on my Upwork homepage:

wemskii_0-1679483531844.png

If I'm not misundertood your "Solved Result", so I should just ignore this warning? and don't need to attemp fill any form?

Thank you.