🐈
» Support » Known Issues and Workarounds » YouTube "Shorts" Links aren't Supported for P...
Page options

YouTube "Shorts" Links aren't Supported for Profile Videos

While YouTube "Shorts" links aren't currently supported for freelancer profile intro videos, this is something that our engineers are working to fix soon. 

Meanwhile, as a workaround you should be able to replace "shorts/" with "watch?v=" in your link and the video will be added.

Edited to add:

Hi All,

This issue is resolved and we will be closing this thread from further comments. However, if you still experience the issue mentioned on this thread please let us know by posting in Community Support section and we will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

40 Comments
fidel_karyj
Community Member

HI! I was trying to upload videos from Youtube to my portfolio. They have recently added 'shorts' to short vvideo urls - the Upwork doesn't recognize those links and they can not be uploaded. Please fix.

NikolaS

Hi Ivan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I would like to clarify that you should be able to use YouTube short videos in your portfolio. Could you please clarify if the video you are trying to use is public so that we can assist you further?

fidel_karyj
Community Member

Yes it is public, but as you see the SAVE button is greyed out

NikolaS

Hi Ivan,

Thank you for following up and clarifying. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

shocksalmighty
Community Member

Hi Nikola,

I have the same issue as Ivan. My YouTube short is a public video but when I try and enter the url the UpWork "Save" button is still greyed out and I cannot complete adding the YouTube link to my portfolio.

Any help greatly appricated!

759e32fa

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further.

shocksalmighty
Community Member

Thank you AJ

87cfc746
Community Member

Hi Nikola,

I have the same problem with my public "short" video. Can you help, please?

Thanks,

Angelika

ArjayM

Hi Angelica,

Arjay here stepping in for Nikola. I'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly via a support ticket for assistance on how to proceed in uploading this short video to your portfolio. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while we address your concern. Thank you!

87cfc746
Community Member

Here is what fixed it for me: in the Youtube shorts URL, replace "shorts/" with "watch?v=". Then use the link in the Video Introduction slot on Upwork.