🐈
» Support » Known Issues and Workarounds » "Accepted your request to convert your contra...
Page options

"Accepted your request to convert your contract." Banner shown incorrectly

Some clients were shown an "Accepted your request to convert your contract" banner erroneously while no conversion process was started. 
Our engineers took steps to resolve this issue. 

9 Comments
bundie702
Community Member

This message appeared on top of my client page when I went to read a message from the freelancer I'm working with. The last two words were a link (I did NOT click on it). I never sent anyone a request to convert my contract. Can anyone tell me what this means? (and yes, there was no name or even a word prior to "accepted")

abixbg
Community Member

Wtf is even that? I haven't initiated to convert any contract!? And when i click on Pay now it shows  404 page?

abixbg_0-1680858218818.png

spectralua
Community Member

This is message (if not fake) to move works outside Upwork. After 2 years client and freelancer able to leave Upwork and work directly. It cost $1.

But you say "accepted", so you have to sent request first. If you didnt then what accepted?

spectralua
Community Member
abixbg
Community Member

Yes but i havent initiated it neither any of my old clients mention anything about conversion!? Is literally out of nowhere. And btw its on my own client account where i have only one job posted and just funded a milestone yersterday.  Probably its one of the 100s of bugs that happen because upwork services are such a mess.

spectralua
Community Member

Yep, to accepted you must request something.

I saw an day-two ago users reported that spammers promoted own site in similar message. Maybe Upwork have security breach found by scammers.

abixbg
Community Member

Mykola A wrote:

Yep, to accepted you must request something.

I saw an day-two ago users reported that spammers promoted own site in similar message. Maybe Upwork have security breach found by scammers.

*surprised pikachu face*

kochubei_valeria
Community Member
Status changed to: Resolved

Radoslav, Bettye and Mykola,

Moving this conversation to our Known Issues area.
I'd like to confirm that this was a bug and the banner was shown incorrectly on some accounts. It has since been fixed by our engineering team. Please, let us know if you continue to experience the same issue. 

kochubei_valeria
Community Member
Status changed to: Resolved