🐈
» Support » Known Issues and Workarounds » "Boosted Proposal" Option Not Available
Page options
0 Upvotes

"Boosted Proposal" Option Not Available

You may not see the option to Boost your proposals upon submitting proposals to potential clients. Our engineers are looking into this and working to address the issue that's causing them. We'll keep this thread posted with more information as soon as we receive updates from the team.

Edited to update information. 12/05/2023

We would like to let you know that this issue is now resolved. Additionally, we would like to clarify that if you are a part of an agency you will need to select whether you want to submit the proposal as a freelancer or as an agency before you can see the option to Boost Proposals. if you do not select an option, the Boosted proposal table at the bottom of the proposal page will not appear.

Additionally, we would like to let you know that the option to Boost Proposals will not be visible if you do not have a sufficient number of Connects.

10 Comments
arko1998
Community Member

I just noticed the option for boosting the proposal has disappeared. 

bobafett999
Community Member

It seems that way.  Don't start dancing up and down.   Upwork may have devised a new scheme to extract more money from us.

lysis10
Community Member

holy crap no way! It *is* gone. This has gotta be bug.

the3dguru
Community Member

They probably have though of a new torture to inflict upon us. Still, I really wasn't a fan of boosting so I hope it has stopped. I don't know if it stopped any scammers or just made them more desperate.

For me, the outcome of the whole connects system has been applying for less projects. I would sometimes apply for projects in speculative way but I stopped doing that when connects happened. If everbody else does the same I can only guess it means the clients get less real proposals and more scams.

iamkhatkar
Community Member

Lol, it's still there.

lysis10
Community Member

Amit K wrote:

Lol, it's still there.

Weird! It must be because no way there would be one thread about it, but I don't see it either. I'm sure this will be a clear cache and cookies moment, so I guess I'll have to use another browser to see it.

spectralua
Community Member

Boosting on the place. 

Should be new option added "Pay to be able to boost". I have fl plus, maybe thats why i can use it.

celgins
Community Member

The boosted profile feature was (is) in beta, so there's a chance Upwork is turning it off and on for all or groups of freelancers during the beta phase.

iamkhatkar
Community Member

It is still there. And for once I thought the trouble was over. Good job, Upwork! 

NikolaS
Status changed to: Resolved

Hi All,

I would like to let you know that this issue is now resolved. I would like to clarify that if you are a part of an agency you will need to select whether you want to submit the proposal as a freelancer or as an agency before you can see the option to Boost Proposals. if you do not select an option, the Boosted proposal table at the bottom of the proposal page will not appear.

Additionally, I would like to let you know that the option to Boost Proposals will not be visible if you do not have a sufficient number of Connects.