🐈
» Support » Known Issues and Workarounds » "Can't upload image. style must be either "de...
Page options

"Can't upload image. style must be either "decimal"..." - Error When Uploading Profile Picture

New freelancers may be experiencing errors when uploading their profile picture. Example of an error:

kochubei_valeria_0-1674064522018.png

Workaround: Please make sure you're using a supported browser and please note that we only support the latest two versions of the browsers listed in the article. If you continue experiencing errors while using a supported browser, please let us know and share the name and version of your browser. 

122 Comments
1f8fdada
Community Member

Hi there,

I am unable to upload a photo onto my profile, which also means I am unable to complete my profile.. it is telling me it must be in a 'percentage' 'decimal' or 'currency' style. This makes no sense to me, can you advise me on what to do?

Kindly,

Hannah

759e32fa

Hi Hannah,

I tried but wasn’t able to replicate the issue you’re describing. Could you please try using a different browser or the incognito mode of your current browser? You may also try clearing your browser’s cache and cookies. Also note that we only officially support the latest two versions of Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Apple Safari.

0fc83a4a
Community Member

98771F59-79F6-4F8E-BFD2-A66E065A1134.jpegEvery time I try to upload a picture I get this message? I don't even know what that means, the style must be decimal percent or currency? I have tried clearing  the cache/cookies, refreshing the page, starting all over, and three different pictures that all meet the specifications 

ArjayM

Hi Rowan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

7ba7f2f7
Community Member

Hi Arjay,

I have the same problem with the one above. Can you please help me to overcome the problem? Thank you

AndreaG

Hi Dewi,

Could you please try using a different browser or the incognito mode of your current browser? You may also try clearing your browser’s cache and cookies.

88dc709a
Community Member

Hi Arjay,  

I am having the same issue and have taken all the same steps, and have also tried diffferent file formats and pixel sizes. 

Please can you help?

Thanks,

ashley 

bcd28dbc
Community Member

Hello, 

I'm trying to finish setting up my profile, but am not able to upload a profile picture and look for jobs. 😞

When I try to upload I get an error message saying "Can't upload image. style must be either "decimal", "percent", or "currency"

No idea what this means. The image is small only like 80Kb so that shouldn't be an issue. Does anyone know what's going on here? 

Thank you so much!

Anja

ArjayM

Hi Anja,

Firstly, welcome to Upwork! I can see that you were able to set up an account with a great profile picture. Let us know if you still need further assistance. We'll be happy to assist! 

1d27b686
Community Member

i have the same problem. like **Edited for Community Guidelines** what does that even mean??