🐈
» Support » Known Issues and Workarounds » "Can't upload image. style must be either "de...
Page options

"Can't upload image. style must be either "decimal"..." - Error When Uploading Profile Picture

New freelancers may be experiencing errors when uploading their profile picture. Example of an error:

kochubei_valeria_0-1674064522018.png

Workaround: Please make sure you're using a supported browser and please note that we only support the latest two versions of the browsers listed in the article. If you continue experiencing errors while using a supported browser, please let us know and share the name and version of your browser. 

122 Comments
c3562cea
Community Member

I am having this issue, can you pls advise.

LuiggiR

Hi Emma,

Please check if the image you're trying to upload is in .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, or .png format and at least 250px by 250px and no more than 4000 x 4000px. Also, make sure that it's a clear photo of yourself, not a long shot, that your face is visible, and that the following requirements are met:

• You are not wearing sunglasses in the photo
  • It is not a logo or clip-art
  • It is not a group photo
  • The picture was not digitally-altered
  • The maximum size is 5 MB

If it meets those requirements and you still can't upload it, please try clearing your cache and cookies and using a different browser to check if the problem persists.

Note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. Please check this help article for more information about profile pictures and tips on choosing an excellent profile photo.
PradeepH

Hi Jasmin,

Could you please try again after clearing Cookies and Cache on your browser? You can also try using a different browser. Feel free to message us if problems persist.

Thank you,

Pradeep

ad36ac9e
Community Member

When I try to upload a profile photo, on Safari it says that "style must be either 'decimal', 'percent', or 'currency,'" but on chrome it says "Can't upload image Value unit out of range for Intl.NumberFormat options property style." 

I'm unsure how to fix either error, I've looked at other questions about the same issue and none of the responses were able to resolve the problem (Clearing cookies/cache, logging out, closing the browser, and restarting my computer). Since I can't finish my profile without a picture, I'm not sure what to do. 

williamtcooper
Community Member

Hey Lauren, upload from a PC. Thanks!

87dfe740
Community Member

Hello, Lauren! Try with a phone, I had the same problem, I managed to do it just with the phone version. 

PradeepH

Hi Lauren,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the challenges while uploading your profile picture. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

Thank you,

Pradeep

63d31c1a
Community Member

Hello, 

I cannot upload a photo to my account. It says "Can't upload image style muct be either "decimal", "percent", or "currency". I dont undertsand this at all. The image is in .jpg format. Please help!

27976d7e
Community Member

I think you have to do it on your phone. Rather than uploading.

williamtcooper
Community Member

Hey Jesmarie, please logout of Upwork, clear your cache and reboot. If that doesn't work, try a different device. Thanks!