🐈
» Support » Known Issues and Workarounds » "Can't upload image. style must be either "de...
Page options

"Can't upload image. style must be either "decimal"..." - Error When Uploading Profile Picture

New freelancers may be experiencing errors when uploading their profile picture. Example of an error:

kochubei_valeria_0-1674064522018.png

Workaround: Please make sure you're using a supported browser and please note that we only support the latest two versions of the browsers listed in the article. If you continue experiencing errors while using a supported browser, please let us know and share the name and version of your browser. 

122 Comments
968d7ef1
Community Member

hi am also having the same issue even though I already tried all of the suggestions.

PradeepH

Hi Fatma,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

ccd6309a
Community Member

Hello, since yesterday I've been trying to upload my photo in order for me to finish setting up my account but I'm unable to do ut. I tried changing browser, still not working. I adjusted my image file size but still not working unfortunately. Every time I try to upload, a message appears saying : CAN'T UPLOAD IMAGE. STYLE MUST BE EITHER "DECIMAL", "PERCENT" OR CURRENCY. Please help

3058d4e3
Community Member

Hi Valeria
I can't upload my photo during the registration, can you help me also?

arslanriaz46
Community Member

It sounds like you are experiencing an issue with uploading your photo to your Upwork account. The error message you're receiving "STYLE MUST BE EITHER "DECIMAL", "PERCENT" OR CURRENCY" is indicating that the image you are trying to upload may not be in the correct format.

Here are a few things you can try to resolve the issue:

1. Confirm the file format: Make sure that the image you are trying to upload is in a format that Upwork supports (JPG, PNG, or GIF).

2. Check the image size: Make sure that the image you are trying to upload is not too large. Upwork recommends that profile photos be no larger than 2MB.

3. Check the image dimensions: Make sure that the image you are trying to upload meets Upwork's recommended dimensions (400x400 pixels).

4. Try a different device or browser: Sometimes issues with uploading can be caused by a browser or device issue. Try uploading the image from a different device or browser.

5. Re-save the image: Try re-saving the image in a different format or size and then upload it again.

6. Check your internet connection: Make sure that you have a stable internet connection.

7. Contact Upwork Support: If you still can't upload your photo, please contact Upwork's support team for further assistance. They will be able to help you troubleshoot the issue and provide additional information on the requirements for uploading a photo to your Upwork account.

It's also worth noting that Upwork's support team is experiencing a high volume of requests due to the current situation, so the response time may be longer than usual.

80279b06
Community Member

Hello, 

I'm trying to finish setting up my profile, but am not able to upload a profile picture

Thank you so much!

majd

PradeepH

Hi Ben,

Thank you for your message. Could you please try again after clearing Cookies and Cache on your browser? You can also try using a different browser. Feel free to message us if problems persist.

Thank you,

Pradeep

80279b06
Community Member
Hello pradeephele
I tried another time to upload picture via safari after clearing cookies
I tried another time using my iPhone but the result was the same every time it keeps telling me
Error: Can’t upload image, "style must be either "decimal", "percent”,
Thank you ,
Ben ahmed majd
ccd6309a
Community Member

I've tried all that but I'm still unable to upload my profile photo. 

759e32fa

Hi Jouja,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.