This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Best Bank For oDesk Wire?

Highlighted
Zaheer A Member Since: Feb 14, 2011
Salam to All, I am going to open an account for oDesk Wire transfer, Which one is best for oDesk Wire Transfer? 1. UBL 2. HBL 3. ABL 4. SCB Any Other? Tell Me If someone have Issues with on of the bank? Thanks Azhar
9 REPLIES 9
Ace Contributor
Waqas T Member Since: Feb 7, 2011
For wire transfer: SCB is the best (wire transfer takes 1 day, sometimes 6 hours) followed by UBL (takes 2 days, charges 500 per wire received, but has the best online banking, if you like paying your billed online). For local funds transfer: UBL as SCB is not the list for LFT. Stay away from HBL, ABL, and the likes.
Thanks waqas for reply. I have opened an account in UBL today. What is your experience with UBL? Also Tell me which any Swift code of UBl should work fine? In multan branch there is no Swift Code. I only found the Main Branch Code of UBL, Karachi. Thank you
Ace Contributor
Only the main branch has a swift code, main branch receives the money, and then disperses it. For UBL main branch (it is in Karachi, most of the banks have their main branch in Karachi) it is: UNILPKKA I love UBL online banking, the only reason I stay with them. Wire transfers are received within two days (withdraw on Wednesday funds credited on Friday afternoon). Edit: It should be your branches name, your branches address, your branches city, your branches province when you register for wire transfer.
Thanks waqas for the help. I am clear with Swift Code. Now When I Enter Swift Code of Main Branch. It gives me other fields which are: Account Number - What is the format of Number? With 00 or without 00? Branch Name - I locate my branch on UBL website and It gives this name "Multan Cantt" Branch Address - I also get branch address on UBl Site. City Province, - Multan, Punjab So I should give my branch name and their address after putting main branch Swift code right? Thanks in advance
Ace Contributor
If you are signing up for a wire trasfer you need the IBAN number, and not the account number. You can find the IBAN number from online banking by looking at your account details, or contacting your branch. If you are signing up for a local funds transfer you will use your account number, it should look like this BBBBAAAAAAAAA (B = Branch code A = Account number). The branch name, address, city, and provience need to be of your branch. If your acount is in Multan Cantt, so it should be that.
No Problem About IBAN Number I know how to get this. But I am little confuse after reading your comment. Is there any difference in LFT and Wire Transfer? By saying Wire Transfer I mean the Recommended Payment Method in Pakistan By oDesk. When I go to Payment Methods and CLick on Adding new I Got this at Top "Local Funds Transfer (PKR) $4.99 per withdrawal to Pakistan. Your first Scheduled Payment in PKR is FREE!" This Is what i am signing up for. I previously used SKrill which Required a IBAN But I think I have to now use Simple Account Number BBBBAAAAAAA. If I am wrong correct me? thanks
Ayesha S Member Since: Nov 22, 2009
Hi Zaheer, There are two types of wire transfers: LFT Wire (In your local currency which is PKR with a $4.99 fee) and a USD wire (Sent to your bank in the form of US dollars with a $30 fee). Once you set up your bank account, you can receive both kinds of wires to it if it's a PKR account. You can use the link on your payment method that says something to the effect of my account is set up to receive US dollars/my account can't receive US dollars depending on whether you have LFT or USD wire setup as the active one. If you have a US dollar account, then you will only be able to do a USD wire. Hope this helps....
oDesk Forum Moderator Always reach for the skies, for even if you fall, you'll still be on the top of the world...
Frequent Visitor
Kamran A Member Since: May 12, 2010
Hi I have an account in UBL. As oDesk charge $4.99 for LFT. I want to know,does UBL charge any fee,for LFT.
Ali K Member Since: May 27, 2015

Hi Waqas

You have lot of Great updates

please guide me my account was in hbl from last 2 years but upwork says its not working for witdraw

can you guideme UBL is easy and good for withdraw

i think HBl not charging per withdraw but UBl chagre 500 per withdraw?

a simple person can easily open account there is not any long requirements

Thanks