This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Can't I set up to get paid by Local Funds Transfer using the Allied Bank debit card?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor
Nazneen A Member Since: Dec 12, 2015

Hi,

I have been trying to finish the set up to get paid by Local Funds Transfer using my Allied Bank debit card, but my account details are being rejected with the following error:

"Unfortunately, your card did not pass our security screening process. Please check to make sure all of your billing information is correct. Cards may be rejected because of many factors, and we recommend calling your bank to ensure there is not an issue with the card being used. If you are sure all billing information is correct please contact customer support and include your account name and a valid phone number where you can be reached."

I just sought support from Allied Bank's Customer Support, and they told me that their debit card is for electronic use only, and this facility is not supported on their debit card. I told them that I have heard about people using LFT with the Allied Bank bank account, and they said that they use credit cards.

But I am not sure about this. So I am asking a question here. Is this true that I need a credit card in order to set up LFT with my bank account? 

Any guidance in this matter is greatly appreciated. Thank you. 

4 REPLIES 4
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014

Hi Nazneen,

If you've followed all the instructions from this Help Article, please contact Customer Support so we can assist you further.

Frequent Visitor
Nazneen A Member Since: Dec 12, 2015

Hello Mr. Vladimir G,

Firstly, thanks for the response.

I did follow the rules on the article you provided the link to. In fact it was the point # 5 of the section titled "The Details", where I got the error. 

But I don't know how to write to the  customer support. The hyperlink in your response links to this page, and on that page, I could not find any way to submit a query. 

Can you provide a bit of guidance on that?

Thank you.

Edit: On this page, I can't see any control whereby I would post a request:

Untitled.png

talal m Member Since: Dec 31, 2015

hi, you need to enter your account number in the the place where it asks for that card number thing.

thats all, in case you aren't using a credit card.

Frequent Visitor
Mahnoor N Member Since: Sep 2, 2015

Hi Nazneen

You do not need to own a credit card in order to link your bank account for LFT. What you do need is an account number ( a complete one that also includes your bank swift code ) as well your bank swift code seperately and branch name.

Let me know if you need more help setting it up.