This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Got a message from Skrill about withdrawals to Pakistan

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor
Mutee u Member Since: Nov 5, 2010
I got this just now from Skrill. What does it mean? Any suggestions and feedback regarding this? I know a lot of Pakistanis here now use Odesk's LFT but I can't use it since I have income coming from other sites as well. "We would like to inform you that US bank withdrawals to Bangladesh, Pakistan and Egypt can no longer be made from Saturday 27th September. Once dollar payments come to an end, you will be able to withdraw funds in any of our supported currencies other than US dollars. We are exploring a number of new options to offer you faster and more cost effective transfers. Any new methods of payment will be published on our website and will be listed in the "withdraw" section of your Skrill account so please look out for more information."
5 REPLIES
Faysal A Member Since: Nov 6, 2011
** (SSSSPPPPAAAAMMMM) Emails from Skrill (Moneybookers) will always address you by your first and last name. If the email does not include your first and last name, it is SPAM *Removed by admin
Frequent Visitor
Faysal: Unfortunately it WAS addressed to me and had my full name. I just left that part out. I posted this question elsewhere and others seems to have gotten this email as well.
Ibrar A Member Since: Aug 25, 2009
I also got the same email and one of my friend too. I am also seeking help in this regard, whether Skrill will not process any transactions to pakistan at all or it will not work only for US Dollar acc. (as withdrawl bank acc. type.) This would be great if anyone else share there thoughts, I also sent emailt to skrill but doesn't get any reply. Smiley Sad Thanks
Frequent Visitor
A friend's payment is stuck for weeks now, he never got the "payment processed" notification from Skrill. Interestingly he also didn't get the above mentioned email about no-more-USD-for-Pakistan. Reading about the topic on internet, a solution has emerged though I don't know if its the official new way. Basically you have to close your account and open another one in Euro currency. You can read about it if you google. I am grateful that at least on Odesk we have the LFT, so I have stopped relying on Skrill for now.
Frequent Visitor
The payment of my friend that was stuck in Skrill has been received, this means that Skrill is still processing transactions to Pakistan.
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS