This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Re: HBL Alternatives?

Ace Contributor
Fatima A Member Since: Sep 26, 2013

Now that HBL is no longer being supported, what are fast+cost-effective alternatives that you suggest?

Skrill is an option but I don't know how fast or expensive it is. I also don't want to rely on any single method in case something like this happens again, or always have to go through yet another layer of red tape before getting my money.

So which banks are eligible for the $4.99 fee for LFT, not more; process funds fast (1-2 days); and are good banks in general? If I'm getting an account for Upwork, it will probably become my regular account, so I want a good customer experience and facilities too. I have heard UBL is a good option.

3 REPLIES 3
Community Guru
Mr M Member Since: Apr 27, 2013

Allied Bank Limited is better in pakistan. if you want bank transfer.

"One thing I know, that I know nothing. This is the source of my wisdom"
Ace Contributor
Fatima A Member Since: Sep 26, 2013

Strange though it is, my friends are able to receive payments via HBL without any hitch! I wonder what the true status is then, for this bank?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor
Zubair Z Member Since: Mar 20, 2015

Since when UpWork does not support HBL? I made a transaction on Jun 4, 2015 and it was fine.

Even now I can see my account in Get Paid option.

I have not received any notification from UpWork about HBL.