This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

HBL Excluded from Upwork Supported LFt Payment Methods?

Frequent Visitor
saira h Member Since: May 19, 2016

plz im totally new to this system tell me how all process works

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014

Welcome to Upwork Saira!

You can find valuable information in the Getting Started as a Freelancer section of the Help Center and by reading "A Freelancer's Guide to Upwork". I also suggest watching our educational videos and reading the best practice advice shared by other users:

Freelancer Tutorial Videos

Want to get that first job? Then check this out...

Proposal Workshop Video

To help you work safely on Upwork, please have a look at tips and warning signs shared in this thread and Upwork Trust & Safety FAQ.

Husnain R Member Since: Dec 22, 2014

HBL acted like 65 years old grammy, when handling Upwork payment, they ask to many questions and do not understand jack, they will have no clue what upwork is, what freelancing is, why would a company send payment to individual in Paksitan, they will force convert your payments into PKR that gives them additional Rs, 6000 over the $30 wire transfer fee and +$25 third party bank charges

HBL was a good way to waste Rs. 12000 over a payment of $1000 

Ace Contributor
NAYAB N Member Since: Oct 1, 2010

@Husnain R wrote:

HBL acted like 65 years old grammy, when handling Upwork payment, they ask to many questions and do not understand jack, they will have no clue what upwork is, what freelancing is, why would a company send payment to individual in Paksitan, they will force convert your payments into PKR that gives them additional Rs, 6000 over the $30 wire transfer fee and +$25 third party bank charges

You have other cheaper options to share? USD to USD is not an easy option to chose as govt. had imposed a loads of taxes on Foreign Currency Accounts.

Ace Contributor
NAYAB N Member Since: Oct 1, 2010

@Husnain R wrote:

BTW Husnain, I have been using HBL since 2010 and I have not faced a single issue on withdrawals. No questions ask, you may call HBL 021 111-111-425 and speak to foreign remittence department probably Mr. Zohaib will answer all your queries, just make sure to open an individual salary CURRENT account. (Self Employeed). Hope that helps

Abdur Rehman A Member Since: Jul 4, 2015

i want to ask is still HBL is in the list or Not?Can kindly some one share their latest experience

Frequent Visitor
Syed Mohsin Ali G Member Since: Feb 10, 2016

I added my HBL Account for receiving LFT wire transfer today - I didn't get any error message so i think its working,

Mohemmed Farooq Ab S Member Since: Jun 17, 2015

LADIES & GENTLEMEN, this message is to inform you that there's NO problem at all with HBL while receiving payment from upwork here in Pakistan. I've been using HBL (the only bank account I have) for more than 1 year and I've withdrawn more than $1000.

I withdrew more than $40 a couple of weeks ago and it reached in my account within 6 hours (during working days).

Everything is Perfectly fine. Those of you who are thinking of adding HBL in your payment method, yeah! Go ahead and do that!

As far as currency conversion charges are concerned, I get Rs. 500 (probably upwork deducts this) deducted from my withdrawal amount. That's it.

Happy Freelancing Smiley Happy

Regards,

Farooq

Frequent Visitor
Zahra M Member Since: Aug 26, 2016

Did you set up a Local Funds Transfer?

The conversion rate offered by upwork for LFT is SO low, Rs.99/dollar whereas the market is offerinng 106-107 rupees per dollar. 

Usman G Member Since: Jun 17, 2016

HBL LFT method is still working........ the last time I used HBL LFT was on Aug 21, 2016