This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Local Funds Transfer issue

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor
Ali I Member Since: Mar 20, 2015

I am from Pakistan and i want to withdraw my money from odesk for the first time. I have my bank account in Habib Bank Limited. I want to use Local Funds Transfer because i hear that it is good withdrawal method for Pakistani freelancers. When i entered all my info in the Local Funds Transfer form. it says that "Thank you for applying for Local Currency Wire. Unfortunately, this bank is not currently supported. Please select another withdrawal option".

I don't get it. Habib Bank is the largest bank in Pakistan and it is not supported by odesk LFT.
Please give me a solution. I have worked very hard to earn money through odesk and now i can't get my payment.

13 REPLIES 13
Frequent Visitor
Zubair Z Member Since: Mar 20, 2015

Hello Ali,

I use HBL for funds transfer and it is working fine.

Please contact your Bank Branch and ask them if they support Wire Transfers.

Also make sure you provided the correct swift code on ODesk.

Thanks,

Zubair

Ali K Member Since: May 27, 2015

zubair can you check and confirm HBL work for withdraw

because for me its not tranfered money

Frequent Visitor
Thanks Zubair.
I know now that what was the problem.
Odesk can't find my bank when i write the swift code. So i had added it manually.
So after adding my bank and other info, i click next but after that message appears that your bank is not supported blah blah.
Frequent Visitor

when i enter my bank's swift code, then the message appears that "bank not found"
oDesk shows some reasons for this and reason for my problem is that i am using 8-digit swift code.

The reason shown by odesk was this:

Are you using the 8-character SWIFT for the parent bank?
Some banks have one SWIFT for their headquarters or parent bank. Other banks also have 11-character SWIFT codes for local branches. Check with your bank to see if your branch information is necessary or if the parent bank information is sufficient.

Ali K Member Since: May 27, 2015

Ali this is very latest update i was using HBL from last 3 years but today my funds not transfer via this bank

i dont know why

Ace Contributor
Fahad S Member Since: Aug 31, 2013

It has stopped working for me too, Odesk help represntative says HBL is no longer supported for LFT

mujahid a Member Since: May 27, 2015

Hi

I have the exact same problem...

I opened a support ticket and they told me that HBL is no longer supported by "Transfast" and I have to use another withdrawal method.

Since I have been using this method for quite sometime now... I have asked them to look into this and see if it could be another issue..

Let's see what they say... but so far Smiley Sad

Regards

Mujahid

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015

I apologize for the confusion and inconvenience! We try to proactive when issues arise especially involving your money. HBL Bank is no longer supported by Upwork. We advise everyone who utilizes this bank for wire transfers to chose another method of payment. Contact CS if you have any issues or questions on doing so.

Thanks, 

Lena

Untitled
Sohail M Member Since: Jun 24, 2016

Saved me from more worries