This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Payment to upwork for freelancers

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor
Abid J Member Since: Jul 20, 2015

Aslam o alikum, all friends.

I want to make my account as a client to take my work from freelancers. The problem, i m facing, is how to pay to upwork????

====>>>> Paypal is not available in Pakistan.

====>>>> I have my business account in Askari bank. Can i use it or any other easy way please?????

Abid Javed

3 REPLIES
Toheed A Member Since: Mar 18, 2013

Hello Abid

There are only two options if you want to hire a freelancer and get your work done on Upwork. One is Paypal, which as you said is not available in Pakistan, the only other option is a credit card (wearing a VISA, MASTER logo on it), you can apply to your bank and they can issue a credit card to you.

Remember, the debit card or atm cards (whether they wear a MASTER, VISA logo or not) can not be used, only a credit card can serve the purpose. You can surely talk to your bank about it, and according to my knowledge, to apply for a credit card you should have a certain account balance, and you must show your employment history to the bank too. In addition, the bank may also ask for any extra details about your pay and job. I mean to say it's not issued to everyone who asks for it, it is only issued to employed people with a certain minimum pay (as set by the issuer bank) and who meet some specific criteria.

Regards

Toheed 

Frequent Visitor
Abid J Member Since: Jul 20, 2015

Thanks, Brother. I will try according to your kind guidance.

Abid

Ace Contributor
Md. Saiful I Member Since: Mar 3, 2015

Jean, sadly I want to tell you that it is so poor system of Upwork & I am hopeless about the upwork cause I would not able to apply/bid from 15 days lack of connect. My income is so tinny & in this case below the result I am suffering :

1. Upwork charged 10%

2. Withdraw charged $5 per transaction

3. If the connects plan are transfered into the plus plan then is charged by $10

So, How will I do the work here? It is very difficult for some freelancer who are not able to earn as much as others rich freelancer.

In this situation, rich freelancer getting opportunity than the poor freelancer.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS