This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Problem regarding name change

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor
Abdul R Member Since: Jul 25, 2013
Well, my odesk name is Abdul Rehman Suleman (Suleman being the name of my father). Actually I wrote Abdul Rehman in the first name section and Suleman in the second name section. However, my ID card mentions my name as only Abdul Rehman, although my father's name is mentioned below my name on the ID card. I have opened an account in Allied Bank. However, I came to know that my odesk account name should exactly match my bank account and ID card name. So, some time ago, I submitted a name change request here which went under review but didn't change my name. Now, I've found out that I need to upload certain documents to get my name changed. So, would uploading a scan of ID card be enough to change my name here? OR do I require scan of any other documents from the bank etc.?
5 REPLIES 5
Ayesha S Member Since: Nov 22, 2009
Hi Abdul, Here are the details on how to verify your ID along a list of acceptable documents that you can submit. Hope this helps!
oDesk Forum Moderator Always reach for the skies, for even if you fall, you'll still be on the top of the world...
Frequent Visitor
I've got a letter of thanks from Allied bank. It shows my name, address, phone number (the same as that which I've verified on odesk), account number and bank information. Would that count as an acceptable "billing statement"?
Hi Abdul, You could ABL to provide you a bank statement, if you have online banking, you could get it from there too. For the letter, please ask Customer Support if it will work.
oDesk Forum Moderator Always reach for the skies, for even if you fall, you'll still be on the top of the world...
Frequent Visitor
Okay, thanks a lot for your help.
You're welcome. Abdul.