This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Psychological effects of remote freelancing!!

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Muhammad Ahsan S Member Since: Mar 15, 2011
Hi friends, I have just started full time freelancing and it seems my laptop is eating up my nerves slowly. Is there any recommended way to wear off these psychological issues? Anyone? Please!!
3 REPLIES
Ace Contributor
Linda O Member Since: Apr 17, 2011
It's quiet simple. Do some physical exercises, go out and socialize with people. You will find a way.
Community Guru
Natasha R Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
Freelancing from home does not suit everyone Psychological Effects of Working from Home Working from home will not absolve you from all of the day-to-day problems faced when working in a regular office. You are still subjected to work-related stress and pressure. Studies reveal that there are significant psychological effects of working at home: You are likely to feel depressed and morose due to working alone at home. Your work-related social life is nil - nobody to talk to, share jokes with, and chat about life. You spend 24 hours, seven days a week looking at the same furniture and interior decor in your room. You may feel suffocated and confined in one place; you may lose your energy and diminish your zest for life. You may find less reason to take care of your personal appearance and even your personal hygiene. You will be challenged to do your best in every task because if you are terminated from your online job, you will have to start an outside job again. Working online - especially freelancing - does not usually have bonuses, health benefits or insurance. The negative effects of working at home can be offset through your own personal efforts. After all, living is yin and yang, the sweet and the bitter. As one successful work at home employee says, “you work hard and party even harder.” written by: Kristina Dems•edited by: Tricia Goss
Community Guru
Ronald T Member Since: Sep 14, 2009
Nice reply Natasha! (very accurate) During the "golden years" here on oDesk the money was so good that none of the negatives crept into my freelance lifestyle. Now, since oDesk released their "mad robots" and finding good clients and good work is debatable, I have found that a mix of freelance work with a real job is the best approach. Besides, when one source of income suddenly disappears, the other source of income provides time to adjust how and where we work. Yep, a mix of both is best!
Tags (1)
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS