This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Standard Chartered Bank - Lowest conversion rates

Highlighted
Mubashir J Member Since: Nov 4, 2011
I am stunned after receiving my payment today. I transferred $125 from Skrill to my Standard chartered bank account and the amount I received is Rs.10,448. Current exchange rate is $1/Rs.107 but in my case it is just Rs.83.58 per dollar. Any suggestions from the community?
5 REPLIES 5
Ace Contributor
Waqas T Member Since: Feb 7, 2011
That is not SCB, that is Skrill, Skrill is now sending money via an intermediary bank which is taking almost $30 from the amount sent.
Thank you Waqas - you're just right. I contacted my bank and they informed me that they only received $100 not $125. I think, Skrill doesn't want to be in business with freelancers.
Frequent Visitor
Zeeshan J Member Since: Jan 9, 2010
Hi Mubashir, Direct link your Standard Chartered Bank, as i yesterday withdraw 100$ and got 10,550Rs so means $1 = PKR105. That would be better to direct withdraw to your SC bank. don't use skrill. Best Zeeshan Javaid
You are right. It would be better to use LFT instead of Skrill. Mubashir
Frequent Visitor
Mutee u Member Since: Nov 5, 2010
I lost $10 due to this new deduction, posted about it here and on FB pages as well. I was also worried that this was SCB's fault. Good thing they are clean at least. I am hoping Skrill will revert back to the normal operation once the holiday load is gone.