This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

USD Wire Transfers to my USD Account are being Converted to PKR at Interbank rate Debited to my PKR Account By Meezan Bank

Highlighted
Rana Mansoor Akbar K Member Since: Feb 12, 2008
Hi, I want to know if I am the only one facing this issue. Recently I noticed that Meezan Bank is converting my USD Wires from ODesk to PKR and is putting them in my PKR account. They state that ODesk is a company and I can not have its remittances debited to my PKR account as per state bank of pakistan rules. Is this happening to anyone else too? Do I need to switch banks? Thanks for reading, Regards, Mansoor Rana
2 REPLIES 2
Rizwan M Member Since: Nov 6, 2010
Hi Mansoor Do you have your bank account in PKR or Dollar?
"Don't accept others definition of life. It's your life, define it yourself. The way you love it to be. Be yourself because no one knows about you better than YOU."
Rana Mansoor Akbar K Member Since: Feb 12, 2008
I have both PKR and USD accounts in same branch of Meezan Bank. I send USD Wire Transfer costing $30 to My "USD" account but bank is putting the money in PKR account.