This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Upwork profile rejected 5 times

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor
Sahar A Member Since: Aug 27, 2018

Hi Everyone, 

I created my profile on Upwork more than a month ago. I have completed all sections and even uploaded sample portfolio. I have also done some tests where I have scored between the top 20% and top 10%. Still, the profile is rejected. 

I don't understand what is the reason. Please someone can take a look as Upwork does not give me a specific reason. Every time I receive the following message - As we do with everyone who wishes to join Upwork, we carefully reviewed your profile to determine whether there is sufficient need for your skills and experience in the marketplace. Unfortunately, at this time there are already many freelancers with a similar skillset to yours and we cannot accept your application.

Please, can someone help me and advice what I must do? 

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
Frequent Visitor
Raju A Member Since: Oct 28, 2018

The same problem and many times have submitted. Everytime shown this message.Really ,This is disgusting and unexpected from upwork. Upwork is up now for this reason they have been charged 20% from your total budget. After cutting lot of many frees.

The reason why shown this message is that every months they see demand according to your expertise.If they see your skills demand are available ,they will accept your profile.

We’ve reviewed your profile and currently our marketplace doesn’t have opportunities for your area of expertise.

If you have more relevant skills or experience to add, you can update and re-submit your profile. You can find more information regarding our decision 

Thanks